Thread: Custom AFR Error Math for histogram

Custom AFR Error Math for histogram

I am trying to write the math for afr error on a double stoich tune to set up a ve afr error histogram

Does it look right see photo

100x(AFR-command*.5)/(command*.5)

So first would be the afr command x 50% or .5 because command is double. next afr - your newly halved command. Then x 100 and Divided by halved command to get percentage.

Should I post this in miscellaneous ?

Advanced Tuner
    I use the math parameter as it is in HPT and it works fine, but tuning in lambda.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Double Half scaling AFR math

Here are the two pieces of math needed if you are tuning in AFR..... Update your Chart, Graph and any filters using commanded AFR as required...

Another good reason to tune in Lambda

Ed M
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Here are the two pieces of math needed if you are tuning in AFR..... Update your Chart, Graph and any filters using commanded AFR as required...

Another good reason to tune in Lambda

Ed M
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    I use the math parameter as it is in HPT and it works fine, but tuning in lambda.

I do normally too but the pcm has a hard injector limit of 63 lbs and I have to do the double stoich method to get the new injectors to work. So when I am logging and read 14.7 afr or 1.0 lambda the commanded is 29.4 or 2.0. This makes the histogram read incorrectly.

Did you half IFR and IVT Terms? Mine is double stoich and I have no trouble using Lambda. Using AFR would be a different story.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Did you half IFR and IVT Terms? Mine is double stoich and I have no trouble using Lambda. Using AFR would be a different story.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    I should use lambda since i have a flex fuel sensor.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ProFire View Post
    I do normally too but the pcm has a hard injector limit of 63 lbs and I have to do the double stoich method to get the new injectors to work. So when I am logging and read 14.7 afr or 1.0 lambda the commanded is 29.4 or 2.0. This makes the histogram read incorrectly.
    Lambda never changes if u double stoich the 29.4 is still lambda 1.0 thats why it works in all fuels, then just use eqratio v lambda for your error

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    Lambda never changes if u double stoich the 29.4 is still lambda 1.0 thats why it works in all fuels, then just use eqratio v lambda for your error
    Thanks I will try it out