Thread: TBSS Better Fuel economy

Tuner in Training

TBSS Better Fuel economy

SOmeone please tell me exactly what to change to get better gas mileage on this thing. I know how to tune WOT and change the PE tables. I just don't know what to change to get the 2-3 miles better mpg like the tuners are getting when you send your pcm to them. Truck runs great WOT. JUst want better mpg. Thanks for any help guys.

i dont know if there is lean cruise or o2 settings you can mess with, but there is a big thread on this in the sticky. check it out, it may help. that or at cruising speeds you can lean out the mixture (but without adjusting the o2 switch points they will add the extra fuel)
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Read it about 3 times today. Doesn't seem to give concrete information to me. I have an LS2. Half of those parameters they talk about aren't in there. Do I turn DFCO off????I don't know. One guy says yes the other say only while tuning. That sticky sucks if you ask me, but I probably don't know what to really look for. My brain feels like jello after reading on this site.

Post your tune and a ten minute log of a highway drive on flat terrain using cruise control. I'm sure a few people will step in and help.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner in Training
    calibrating maf, tuning spark, increasing dwell picked me up 2-3mpg at 80mph.

make sure your not going into PE because your pe enable numbers are too low. also, pistion protection and cot add fuel, monitor and raise these out of your cruise rpms

if you jumped directly to wot tuning you missed out on a lot of details. go back to the basics and you'll see increases in mpg

Tuner in Training
    If your remove torque management the cruise will downshift less often when climbing hills or in high wind situations. then you can also reduce your shift times so overdrive kicks in a little quicker. the idea is run at the lowest possible rpm's as much as you can. I personally ditched extra weight like my spare tire. With a cell phone a spare is never too far away. Also a flat on the way to work is a good opportunity for a morning off. In 20 years of driving I have never blown out a tire, only slow leakers.
    2003 Cavalier 2.2 L4. Modified Intake and throttle body. Header and 2000 watts of boost in the trunk.