Thread: Wideband keeps disappearing

Tuner in Training

Wideband keeps disappearing

I?m trying to tune a 98 SS. I?m using a AEM wideband. I used the serial input I have the white wire on pin 1 and the same ground is being used for the wideband as the interface on pin 5. Everytime I start the scanner the wideband disappears from the display. If I insert the analog input 1 it?ll display afr accurately but nothing works in the graph and the graph is Set up for lambda. Anybody have any idea what I could have done wrong ?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    are you logging it in the channels? I would start there
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I am. I have map and maf frequency and the serial version for the aem in the channels. It shows them in the channels until I start logging.

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue

Advanced Tuner
    I use to have this same issue. The serial to USB cable was the problem. I forgot the chipset name but they make a few different kinds that convert the signal. The more expensive one is the kind I needed. I'll look later tonight and let you know.

Another thing I had to do is , start the car, wait for the wideband to warm up than hit connect and record. This would keep it from disappearing too.

Found the issue, 100% my fault

I guess I accidentally deleted the PID from my channel list. When I re-added it, I didn't follow the correct procedure. Since I'm using the analog input, I had to select the input (INPUT 1) and then transform the channel to my LC-1 wideband. Doing this solved the issue

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by momotunes View Post
    I use to have this same issue. The serial to USB cable was the problem. I forgot the chipset name but they make a few different kinds that convert the signal. The more expensive one is the kind I needed. I'll look later tonight and let you know.

Another thing I had to do is , start the car, wait for the wideband to warm up than hit connect and record. This would keep it from disappearing too.
    Which chipset did you use?
    2005 Silverado 2wd Crue Cab, Daily Driver
    2005 370" LQ4, BTR Truck Torque Cam, 202/202, .511/.511 111
    LS6 Springs, LS7 Lifters, Trunnion upgrade
    Speed Engineering HAI, Stock exhaust with 3" I/O Flowmaster
    New 4L65E

2005 Cadillac CTSV TT, Too much to list.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
    Which chipset did you use?
    Why don't you clarify which gauge you have, on what vehicle, and what method you're using for the connection? You've posted in every 'wideband disappears' thread you can find, it seems like you may be looking for solutions for different hardware/connection type than what you have.

Tuner in Training
    I can do that.

Truck in sig. Gen 3 LS P59

AEM 30-03

Well since MOMO was talking about a serial to USB connection, I thought that was clear, but for you I will clarify. I am asking about a serial to USB cable.

I only have one connection for one vehicle and looking for solutions. Yep. Last time I used a forum, that is what it was for.

I am also quadruple checking all of the research that I have done to make sure I am not missing anything.

Also, I have not posted in EVERY "wideband disappears" thread that I can find. Some of them are repetitive and do not pertain to my setup.

Speaking in absolutes makes you look like an asshole.

Thanks for your help and I hope this calrifies everything for you.
    New 4L65E

Senior Tuner
    Close enough to “all”.

30-03 is not a part number. 30-0334 is the CAN one for CAN-based vehicles - though it can do analog/serial but only if you add wires to the connector, it doesn't do it unless modified. 30-0300 is analog/serial/AEMnet, 30-0310 is analog/serial/AEMnet but without the gauge (controller only).

Being pedantic is a lot more effective way to solve a technical issue than being sloppy and vague.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    30-03 is not a part number. 30-0334 is the CAN one for CAN-based vehicles - though it can do analog/serial but only if you add wires to the connector, it doesn't do it unless modified. 30-0300 is analog/serial/AEMnet, 30-0310 is analog/serial/AEMnet but without the gauge (controller only).

Being pedantic is a lot more effective way to solve a technical issue than being sloppy and vague.
    You're so cute.

Context clues are not your friend are they?

Thanks for your help!
    New 4L65E