Thread: Why two Manifold Air Temp Channels? - 2018 ZL1 1LE

Tuner in Training

Why two Manifold Air Temp Channels? - 2018 ZL1 1LE

I am trying to setup my logging channels and found that there are two Manifold Air Temp (MAT) channels. I can't see anything that differentiates between the two. So I added both channels and then logged. There is definitely a temperature difference between the two. I have attached a log for reference as well as a screen shot on the channel setup.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 10.41.56 AM.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I think it's for the 2 coolers after the SC.

Tuner in Training
    I sent in a support ticket and have an answer to the question.

HPTuners is not able to decipher from the vehicle's OS exactly what the differences are. What they were able to determine is that one is stored in the ECM identified as "Memory Address" and the other one is identified as "Common ID" which is the one that the ECM reports out.

Why the difference in temperature values is unknown at this time. I am going to use the Common ID PID for logging and call it a day.

Thank you HPTuners for the info.

I used the tuning school gen 5 pid list and added to it for my zl1. This has everything you need for that car to log it and have good luck with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    I used the tuning school gen 5 pid list and added to it for my zl1. This has everything you need for that car to log it and have good luck with it.
    Thanks for the share. I will certainly check it out.

Advanced Tuner
    The one in the "memory address" is the filtered manifold air temperature, and is the exact value that drives any MAT based functions. The "Common ID" one is the temperature being read from the sensor. Filtered manifold air temperature in some cases is "unfiltered" and is the exact temperature read by the sensor, but in many cases there is some filter applied (as you discovered by the two values being different), and this is calibration dependent.

Tuner in Training
    Today I took my sensors out and did some testing.... Intake air temp (sae) from the MAF read accurate temp fluctuation and the last MAT in your pic read instant and accurate temp reading post blower... The first MAT is a calculated pid I assume... It didn't move at all

I sent a request in also

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBADESTZ View Post
    Today I took my sensors out and did some testing.... Intake air temp (sae) from the MAF read accurate temp fluctuation and the last MAT in your pic read instant and accurate temp reading post blower... The first MAT is a calculated pid I assume... It didn't move at all

I sent a request in also
    To clarify, the first MAT listed is the Memory Address one and the second listed is the CommonID. And both MAT values are changing throughout the log.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    To clarify, the first MAT listed is the Memory Address one and the second listed is the CommonID. And both MAT values are changing throughout the log.

The 2nd one is your blower temp and when logging both I cant get the 2nd to display in a chart... Sometimes it jumps between the 2 and is very jagged.. They should separate them by 1 & 2 on the channels and ADD them on the Pids selection for display.