Thread: Need help with a P1682 on 07 TBSS

Tuner in Training

Need help with a P1682 on 07 TBSS

I have an 07 TBSS in the shop right now and its about to drive me to drink. 100% Stock with 139k miles on it. Came in with the Check Engine Light on. Pulled codes P1516, P2101, and P1682. Cleared the codes, test drove it, truck shut off while at a stop light, code P1682 (Ignition 1 Voltage 2) came back as a current, pending, and history code. Pushed it into a parking lot, and waited about an hour and finally it started after I went and got my trailer to tow it back. Tested the ignition switch, fuses and everything found no issues. Followed AllData's testing procedure and concluded the PCM was bad. Ordered a used one, Flashed the tune in it, got it running and got back to the shop, turned the truck off. No Start. Figured I'd change the ignition switch as well even though I didn't think it was bad, got a GM part from the Dealer, same issue. Anyone ran into this before? Any help is much appreciated.

Have you checked for any corrosion or faulty connection at one of the ignition relays in the fuse block?

I remember reading about a newer camaro one time with a similar problem. It's worth a shot to look anyway.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Remove and look closely at the internal traces/bus bars in the underhood fuse box. Broken traces isn't an uncommon problem.

Tuner
    Not tuning related in any way but as a gm dealer tech I can tell you I've changed lots of ignition switches so double check the outputs.. I can usually get them to hang up if I SLOWLY rotate the ignition switch on.. Pink ignition feed will have a 3-4 volt drop across the contacts at times, truck won't start or it stalls out..

Tuner in Training
    Either underhood fuse block or ignition switch. Since it starts after a hour, I would aim at the fuse block.