Thread: I cant figure out why im getting throttle cut.

Tuner in Training

I cant figure out why im getting throttle cut.

So for some reason when I stomp on it. I'll get throttle cutting out for a second then coming right back.

stab fail.hpl

2.5 mine 09-5 G8GT.hpt

[ECM] 268 - RPM Limit - ETC: If enabled, PCM will use ETC to control engine speed is enabled ,, so a test would be to disable it and see what it does,, if it doesn't limit the throttle you will know theres a table attached some where ,,I see the kr spike up just before but I don't see any table attached to that ,, I compared it to my g8 with an lsa and didn't see any thing really different ,but your making 4 more pounds of boost then I am
    Last edited by gmonde; 06-05-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I have a couple people telling me it?s some sort of map/boost cut in torque management.

Advanced Tuner
    your log shows no ETC, fuel or spark tq management becoming active.

couple of this to try may be as follows. engine>tq mngmnt>general.... disable the fast tq exit switched and max the tq values above them.

engine>fuel>cutoff/DFCO.... disable the ETC limiter and leave spark and fuel only enabled.

engine>tq mngmnt>supercharger. disable the three tq management switched top left. (I doubt its this as the fitted switch is off for a blower)

if I was to tune this itd be in 2 bar SD so I cant help too much with MAF. does adding fuel right off the throttle where it cuts help? as WB shows 15 AFR in boost at 110kpa right off throttle. that's too lean for it to get up and go especially with only 5degrees timing.

see attached example for 9:1 comp LSA file E38lsa maloo base.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Yeah nothing indicates throttle cut but it def drops off and then comes back. I never let off.

There is a indication of spark cut which says Trans next to it after the drop off. Not sure what that is.

Advanced Tuner
    My e38 in my 08 denali was having a similar issue right after I put the blower on around 6lbs of boost the timing would go to 0 and then come back and I would never move my foot. It was the fast tq exit as suggested above. Flip the switch and max the settings. I fought it a while. Hopefully that will fix your prob.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Advanced Tuner
    or go 2bar SD. so much easier.........

in my opinion