Thread: L86 DI 6.2 swap into 1996 LT4 Corvette - no voltage to injectors

L86 DI 6.2 swap into 1996 LT4 Corvette - no voltage to injectors

I am trying to startup a 1996 Corvette with an L86 direct injected 6.2 engine. The engine is from a 2017 Escalade; ECM is from a 2017 Denali; harness is new from GM.
    I did a VATS delete, Starter Diag & Clutch Interlock Disable along with changes for DOD delete, GM hot cam limited to 20?, & deleted DTCs. But so far we have not been successful getting the engine to run.
    The data log shows RPM while cranking, cam counts while cranking, and it does have spark.
    What we don't have is any voltage or ground on the injector plugs (verified with a test light while cranking). All of the fuses check out good.

Can someone explain to me how the injectors are powered / grounded on the Gen V engines?

I have attached the as found tune and my startup tune.
    17 Silverado 62 ECM as found.hpt is the original stock tune
    96 Corvette LT1 tune 2a is my startup tune. Engine now has a car intake and GM hot cam so I set it up similarly to a 2017 Camaro

96 Corvette LT1 tune 2a.hpt
    17 Silverado 62 ECM as found.hpt
    Last edited by Chevy406; 06-04-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Sounds like it is going to be a really fun rig. Just an fyi. Maybe you already knew but those injectors get 65v to open then 12v for control. I have not tried to set up a GEN5 to stand alone. I have had one that would not allow the starter or shift interlock because of a failed steering column lock module. Maybe just one more thing to turn off. Good luck with it.

Cant view your done due to the typical issues I get from hptuners. Says unsupported file. Do you have starter diagnostics disabled?

Thanks for the replies. I did not know about 65v / 12v control on DI injectors. When you had the steering column lock issue, did the starter engage and turn over the engine but without any voltage to the injectors?
    I do have Starter Diagnostics and Clutch Interlock disabled
    I did a write entire to disable VATS. But how can I verify that VATS is indeed disabled? Does VATS disable the voltage to the injectors?

No. When I had the column issue it was with a smart key rig and the ecm would not even allow the starter as it knew that we would not be able to turn the steering wheel. Who knows exactly what is up with yours? The VATS should cut the starter too on a GEN5 rig if the starter is still signaled via GEN5 methods. I am not sure how directly you have set up your starter wiring. There are just some special new intricacies with these GEN5s and they are worth it.