Thread: 2016 Chevy Colorado LFX REP Message

2016 Chevy Colorado LFX REP Message

Hey everyone. Dyno tuned a 2016 Colorado with the 3.6L LFX and after I was done and pulled it off the dyno, I had the customer take his test drive. He came back and the truck was displaying "Reduced Engine Power" in the message center. I pulled codes but there are none and the CEL was off. I tried 2 other code readers and my newly updated Snap-Off Verus Edge and still no codes. Has anyone had this problem? This is my first E92 ECU. I tried all the usual things like maxing out the airflow limit and delta tables, MAP/Baro correlation, etc but still the issue persists. Truck runs and drives fine. Promised the customer if look into it. Hate to have something like that happen. I'd be annoyed if I were him. Truck hit 292whp though on 86 octane. Runs fantastic.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Potential Tuner
    I’ve ran into the same issue on a few GM’s myself. The BCM cable connector needs to be cleaned up real good and greased (dielectric grease) there are many recalls regarding this if u want to look it up. Good luck hope this helps!

I can't help. I just bought my 2018 and haven't had the time to really look at the stock tune, much less run logs and make any changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown383 View Post
    Truck hit 292whp though on 86 octane. Runs fantastic.
    Holy cow. Safe to assume a supercharger was installed?
    2009 Sierra CCSB 5.3 A6 4X4
    2003 Silverado ECSB 4.Late/Auto SOLD