Thread: Help getting rid of Permanent Code

Help getting rid of Code for Emissions

Hi,

I have both P0420 and P0430 codes that are permanent. In the next couple of weeks I have to get my emissions test. I'm wondering how I can get these cleared. Currently my 2011 CTSV doesn't have any cats and one of the rear o2 sensors are unplugged because i'm using that bung for a wideband. All related codes are set to no error reported and I've turned off post cat, and catalyst tests and the codes never went away. I just turned the post cat and catalyst tests back on to see if I can get the codes to disappear, but no luck. I can get everything to ready status, but the permanent codes just won't clear.

Anyone have any luck with this?
    Last edited by Overclock This; 05-14-2018 at 12:30 PM.

They don't do a visual check to see that you removed the cats?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    They don't do a visual check to see that you removed the cats?
    They may or may not physically have a look

Advanced Tuner
    did you try just doing a drive cycle? sometimes you need to put some miles on to delete a permanent code.

Also can try unplugging the battery overnight.

If that doesn't work something isn't set right in the tune

The only way to get rid of the Permanent Code is to re-initialize the test (and return the hardware to the stock scenario) that failed and successfully pass the entire embedded drive cycle.....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Do a search on "Monitors" You may have to go through a few but the info is there. Found it a month or so ago