Thread: Ultra lean just off idle 2010 Camaro e38

Tuner

Ultra lean just off idle 2010 Camaro e38

I've been fighting this for years and have made related posts about "lean after flash."
    I still can't figure it out, so I'm hoping someone can look at the log/tune and say "hey, you're overlooking ....!"
    The car will idle slightly rich. I put it in gear and it's "closer" to stoich. I tap the throttle maybe 3-5% and the wideband shoots towards 1.5 (21 AFR GAS) and the car shuts off. (When the WB is 0.51, it isn't yet online)
    Given how narrow I have to keep the inj PW 1ms, IDK if this is an injector problem (since it comes and goes) or I'm totally overlooking something in my tune. ATM, I have Cylinder Gain enabled, but that has no effect. I've tried adding 0.5-3.0 ms to the Makeup Pulse, but that doesn't seem to work either.
    Ideas?

Log/Tune/Layout:
    2018May13_5_new_VVE.hpthelp.hpljax_layout.Layout.xml

Mods:
    6.6 L LS2 block LS3 heads
    Turbonetics 7875 single turbo
    (I think) FIC 2100's (w/ screen removed for e85)
    Flex Fuel sensor. Car is usually run on e85.
    Squash Dual Fuel Pumps. return style w/ regulator. No FPCM.
    JMS Spark Maxx

Is this setup speed density all the time?

Just curious because you have the dynamic airflow settings to use the VVE only but the MAF is not failed. Also wondering about those injectors, are they 2100cc at what psi??

If I did the rough math they would only be 100lb/hr at 43.5 using the double stoich method and then 115lb/hr if using 58psi. So your injector flow rate shouldn't be maxed at 127lb/hr if you are running one of those two pressures.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I am in the process of converting to SD. I have way too much MAF turbulence. I used to have a honeycomb in the TB (which is now 102mm BBK, and I forgot to list), and the turbo pushed that piece of aluminum into my (then 92mm) TB. I did recently have the MAF failed, but just re-enabled it today.

I do have the AFR term askew -- it's been so long, I don't even remember changing it, but I see it's "off" when I compare it to a stock 2010 Camaro. I also have a very customized "Flow Rate Mult vs. Map" (the lower the number, the more fuel).

So, my oddball ways somehow make up for the way those are scaled. I switched to these injectors nearly 2 years ago and it's been a real fight. I had the former FAST 85's running great, but running out of fuel.

Tuner
    One important thing that I overlooked...
    It only seems to do this when I flash the car while it's up to temperature.
    Often times, if I re-flash it with the same calib., then it's fine. Today, reflashes didn't seem to help, so they may just be a red herring.
    Or, if I let it cool down overnight, it's fine.
    I have the "Offset vs. Inj Temp" zero'ed.

Senior Tuner
    [ecm12303] dont just zero it out put the stock setting in and then divide those numbers by how much bigger the new injectors are or just divide by 3 for a start, also [ecm20221] put to enable it may help after start fueling usually i see it enabled not disabled, PE EQ seems lean if ur running boost, might be worth going the 2bar OS with proper VE table the VVE needs work

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    inj temp make sure its populated yet reduce based on how big the new injectors are in i would start with 50%

also make sure your injector data is perfect
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    Thanks for the various advice. I tried numerous suggestions tonight, but I keep cheating and bumping up the Min Inj Pulse for 500 RPM which causes the car to run rich, but at least it idles. The off-idle lean spike seems to have improved, so thanks for that.
    High DI Enrich Enabled
    Upped the lower MAF values to force it to be a bit richer.
    ECM12303, copied the stock values and then multiplied by .33
    I changed my Enrichment Ramp In time to slow it down.
    My PE EQ's are a bit lean as suggested. With so much MAF noise, it makes it tricky.

IDK if I can convert to 2-bar or not. I plan to run more than 14.7 PSI, but rarely do since it creates PCV problems. I have the kit to put a venturi in the exhaust, but haven't done that yet.

Senior Tuner
    i think u need to simplify fueling for these injectors there are many multipliers adjusting it and that may be going against itself under different scenarios, i was running the bosch 210lb injectors on mine scaled with 63lb limit for a couple years without any issues so your 127lb limit should be simple, setup all the injector tables as data says and scale it stoich double/half method and then redo fueling tables to suit and it should be good and if u have a vac/boost referenced regulator then u have to change all tables to suit or if not then the delta pressure should not be flat lined

Tuner in Training

E38 + Powertrain on HotRod

Quote Originally Posted by granatl View Post
    I've been fighting this for years and have made related posts about "lean after flash."
    I still can't figure it out, so I'm hoping someone can look at the log/tune and say "hey, you're overlooking ....!"
    The car will idle slightly rich. I put it in gear and it's "closer" to stoich. I tap the throttle maybe 3-5% and the wideband shoots towards 1.5 (21 AFR GAS) and the car shuts off. (When the WB is 0.51, it isn't yet online)
    Given how narrow I have to keep the inj PW 1ms, IDK if this is an injector problem (since it comes and goes) or I'm totally overlooking something in my tune. ATM, I have Cylinder Gain enabled, but that has no effect. I've tried adding 0.5-3.0 ms to the Makeup Pulse, but that doesn't seem to work either.
    Ideas?

Log/Tune/Layout:
    2018May13_5_new_VVE.hpthelp.hpljax_layout.Layout.xml

Mods:
    6.6 L LS2 block LS3 heads
    Turbonetics 7875 single turbo
    (I think) FIC 2100's (w/ screen removed for e85)
    Flex Fuel sensor. Car is usually run on e85.
    Squash Dual Fuel Pumps. return style w/ regulator. No FPCM.
    JMS Spark Maxx

I can to undestand that You use the fuel line return style w/ regulator and without FPCM On your Car, so:

Iam new on this "Tuner Word" and I am needing adjusta a HotRod (2010 Camaro powertrain) with a similar configuration, Please, You can help me to make these ajustments on my tune?

Thank You
    Alessandro Rocha
    Brazil

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alemaoweb View Post
    I can to undestand that You use the fuel line return style w/ regulator and without FPCM On your Car, so:

Iam new on this "Tuner Word" and I am needing adjusta a HotRod (2010 Camaro powertrain) with a similar configuration, Please, You can help me to make these ajustments on my tune?

Thank You
    Alessandro Rocha
    Brazil
    Well, I can certainly try. Understand that I don't do tuning for a living and I'm just passing along what others have told me. I'm not sure if I can remember everything you need, but here goes:
    Fuel System -> General -> FPCM Fitted = No
    Engine -> ECM 12307 - Injector Flow Rate vs. Pressure Delta - Use the same value in all cells. (Do the math to average the flow rate in the 388 and 408 cells, since 400 kPA is what's set in the "Fuel System -> Fuel Pressure -> Normal" value.

I think those were the only 2 changes that I had to make to get the return-style FPR working.
    Last edited by granatl; 06-19-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok,
    Thank You, I will try these mods.