Thread: 2010 Vette 2bar SD tune Air calc mode changing

Tuner in Training

2010 Vette 2bar SD tune Air calc mode changing

Have a 2010 Z06 on my dyno right now with the 2bar Custom OS, ECS blower, MAF is present but I have it failed to SD.

I'm noticing the air calc mode keeps switching from Unknown to Hi Speed back and forth. I have the high speed disable at 7999 and re-enable at 8000. Not sure if this is doing anything or just a bug? MAF is failed with a CEL and set to 0hz high and low.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Put the Dynamic Airflow high speed disable and re-enable back to stock, then go to DTCs change PO101, PO102, PO103 to No MIL Light so you can run SD.

Pump up.....anyone came across this? No explanation anywhere.

Senior Tuner
    i think something was found with this recently with it just not sure which thread it was in but i remember it being discussed, if i notice it before u find it ill put a link in

07GTS, thanks bud, appreciate it! I couldn't find any answer yet.

Tuning Addict
    It's in a post by Cringer talking about the VE bug. Solution was came up with, just haven't heard of any recent updates for the new tool to fix it or work around it. Ultimate fix is a code patch from Verlon, but can be worked around with a fix from Cringer.

Just actually read your post - this is different - you need to put the dynamic settings back to stock. Also in the same thread mentioned above, but the software gets hung up. Don't think Cringers work around fixes that, but Verlons software patch should. Or just set dynamic back to stock.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I believe the issue is that at 4000 rpms the ecm disregards the VVE table regardless of what your dynamic air disable point is set to. This is hard-coded in the os. So once you exceed 4k the ecm wants to go to high speed (aka the MAF) but it cannot find it because it is failed so it falls back to unknown and uses VVE.

Edit: this can also happen below 4k rpms depending on what you dynamic disable point is.

Here is more reading and viewing if you are interested.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ittent-Stumble

https://youtu.be/cRxVVFGRL7A?si=yAVxtDzQDB9YbU3V
    Last edited by Cringer; 02-25-2024 at 10:33 PM.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

GHuggins, thanks for bro

Hey Cringer, thanks for your reply. So it is 09z06 has the 2bar os patch applied.... maf is failed.....only during wot at high rpm calc mod goes back and forth from high speed to unkown. I was wondering if it is bad or smth.

Senior Tuner
    try swap the enable and disable rpm the other way so u have the higher value 8100 disable, 8000 enable, see if that helps as its usually done that way yours might still be operating different the other set way, also maf fail high 2 low 1, and the high and low counts set to zero, test rpm zero, test ert 0, test enable 0, those should make it fail quicker over to VE, also apply the manifold boost patch

07GTS, thank you. Dynamic airflow disable is 8000 and enable is 7950. MAF fail high was 0 and low was 5. I will change all the rest. Car has boost reference regulator will the manifold boost patch make any difference? since the injector flow rate is constant.

Senior Tuner
    ok i was just going off how ur above tune file was, make sure fail high is above fail low 2 and 1 work well, so u get the fail code pretty much at key on, boost patch may not do anything noticeable but worth a shot encase it helps something in the background

07GTS, actually not my tune file. I was searching for some info about this and came across this thread. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.z0611 View Post
    Hey Cringer, thanks for your reply. So it is 09z06 has the 2bar os patch applied.... maf is failed.....only during wot at high rpm calc mod goes back and forth from high speed to unkown. I was wondering if it is bad or smth.
    It is normal, nothing you can do about it. It just goes back to the fact that GM didn't design the OS to operate with a failed MAF.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Cringer, thanks for the clarification