Thread: 72 nova dbw 2006 lq9 with code u0107 help !!!!

Potential Tuner

72 nova dbw 2006 lq9 with code u0107 help !!!!

I am posting this with hopes someone has seen this problem as I have tried almost everything to no prevail.

2006 LQ9 6.0L engine and 4L80E that is DBW with TAC module setup. I have installed a brand new wiring harness for my 72 Nova conversion with the engine,PCM and TAC module from the same escalade. The pedal I have from a 2003 corvette which has the same language in the pedal as my TAC module and PCM. The problem is when pressing the pedal I get U0107 code. If I slam the pedal to the floor and hold it then it works beautiful until i slightly move my foot off and BAM i get the U0107 code. REPLACED THROTTLE BODY,TAC MODULE AND PEDAL and same problem happens exactly. Car has more grounds that I know what to do with as well.

Would loading a tune file onto the PCM corrupt anything that would cause this issue? as it's not a hardware problem. should I try to write full instead of write calibrate ??? would that help ???

looking for anyone to help me please!
    Tks,
    Shaun

just for sake of argument, have you tried the pedal from the escalade? While it may work and provide the correct signals/wires the voltage values that the pedal is sending to the TAC may be slightly off from what the escalade TAC wants to see.

I have had that problem. You have a mismatched TAC or PCM operating system.
    Truck TAC and pedals are the same from 03 to 05, they changed for 06-07. If you use a 06-07 operating system with a 03-05 TAC it will lose communication and go limp mode. The same happend when you do the opposite.
    Check part number of the TAC, I bet you have the wrong one. The good thing is you can write entire a 05 OS to fix the U code
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Potential Tuner
    this sounds promising.... so let me lay out what i have....
    2006 escalade engine and TB,2006 tac module,2006 escalade PCM, 2003 vette pedal (due to size issues)..... I then plugged in an 06 silverado pedal (plastic) and TAC module to get the same result as I thought my pedal was wrong.

Could you give me some more insight on how do I get or write an 05 OS to fix the U code and then do I need to find a truck TAC and pedal from an 05 to go with this re writing of an 05 OS ???

05 truck pedal is metallic so you can cut and weld it to fit, we have used it in a few 69-75 Novas with good results. Just be careful not to heat the sensor when welding.
    Find a matched 05 TAC and pedal, then flash a 05 file of the same family you got the pedal/TAC from. It should work and wiring is the same
    9 sec Montecarlo SS