Thread: Boost Math Question (GT500)

Tuner

Boost Math Question (GT500)

Has anyone got the Boost Math function to work with their GT500?

Right now I am using the calculated manifold absolute sensor since we dont have an actual MAP sensor and barometric sensor data.
    (Calculated MAP - Barometric Sensor) However I dont know if its reading correctly because I am seeing over 60 psi with the calculated map sensor.

Thanks
    2019 Ford Raptor Tow Rig Scarab 195 Open 250HO
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

You are probably seeing over 60 in-HG.

For my Calculated boost gauge, I use the calc MAP PID (in PSI) minus 14.7 (atmospheric)

Tuner
    Yeah the problem Im seeing is my calculated MAP pid is showing over 60 psi when I go WOT which calculates around 45 pounds of boost after you subtract barometric pressure.
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Tuner
    I guess the next question would be has anyone installed a 3 bar MAP sensor with 5 volt reference to run into HPtuners PRO?

Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    Yeah the problem Im seeing is my calculated MAP pid is showing over 60 psi when I go WOT which calculates around 45 pounds of boost after you subtract barometric pressure.

Are you sure of the units? It defaults to in-HG.

If calculated boost does not match reality, it will throw your fueling way off.

Advanced Tuner
    I guess the next question would be has anyone installed a 3 bar MAP sensor with 5 volt reference to run into HPtuners PRO?
    Yes, that's what I did on my GT500, works great.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Are you sure of the units? It defaults to in-HG.

If calculated boost does not match reality, it will throw your fueling way off.
    Yeah from what I scanned it shows PSI. When I convert to In-HG with right click it shows 122.1 inHG. I did set Calculated MAP pressure to MAX in the tune and turned off MAF adaptation but I doubt those would affect the readings of Calculated MAP pressure. Fueling is spot on. It might just be a GT500 thing... What do you have CCS86?

Tuner
    Cool Thanks MRRPMBRP

Yeah from what I scanned it shows PSI. When I convert to In-HG with right click it shows 122.1 inHG. I did set Calculated MAP pressure to MAX in the tune and turned off MAF adaptation but I doubt those would affect the readings of Calculated MAP pressure. Fueling is spot on. It might just be a GT500 thing... What do you have CCS86?

I have a GT with an M122 blower.

You should post up a log.

Advanced Tuner
    I've been meaning to compare my dash boost gauge with the MAP sensor boost, see how close they are. I also have a boost gauge and vacuum gauge run into the car to tune with. I need to see how they agree

Tuner
    Heres a my config and log. I just installed a GenII-R supercharger so Im in the process of tuning it but you can see the calculated map sensor numbers.

gt500 vmp.Layout.xmlHome VMP Full.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    The inferred map reading will not be right until you correct the speed density tables there are also tables for the SIP sensor this will also throw off the boost gauge on the cluster it more than likely isn't right. Unless you have a very very good understanding and are very good with math and excel then you probably wont be able to adjust, the editor tool doesn't work with the 07-09 gt500 unless they have added it. But I haven't seen this being off affect drivability but it would be nice to do it just so you know it has been done.