Thread: Fast lsxrt intake volume??????

Potential Tuner

Fast lsxrt intake volume??????

Does anyone know the volume of the inside of an LSXRT intake in cubic volume. I am having a heck of a time tuning this intake!! Any help would be greatly appriciated. I called Fast and they dont even know. In fact they told me it would not require any tuning but I told them that I have to tune it as I have other mods. I have the tune set up perfect with great fueling all the way around and my fuel trims are going nuts ever since I put the intake on.

You might want to double check for vacuum leaks.

05' Z51 M6 - 1 7/8" Kooks with No Cats and X Pipe, GHL Bullets, Vararam, Ported LS3 Heads, LS7 Ported Throttle body, Trak Cam 231/234 .640/.590 112 LSA, 60# Injectors, RPM Level V Trans, MGW Shifter, RPM Stage III Rear w/3:90's, McLeod Dual Disk Clutch, HP Tuner Pro Suite, Z06 Rear Wide Body

Dyno'd @ 467 rwhp, 417 rwtq
    Best Run 11.03 @ 126 mph with a 1.60 60'

Potential Tuner
    It doesnt act like it has any vacuum leaks. It idles fine, just has no fuel control. It goes super rich while coasting after letting off the throttle which to me would indicate that there are most likely are no vacuum leaks as you would usually see very high positive fuel trims when the throttle is closed. Based on the information I can find has to do with a problem in the transient fueling which has a spot for intake runner volume in CM3.

Potential Tuner
    For anyone that runs into this problem after installing this intake where your tip out is very rich (negative fuel trims), you will want to reduce the the transient evap values and this will cure the problem. Also i figured roughly 1400 cubic inches in the intake volume box which also greatly reduced the tip in stumble i was having after installing the intake.