Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injector Flow Rate vs KPA table max/min limits

Potential Tuner

Injector Flow Rate vs KPA table max/min limits

Hello everyone,

First time tuner here having trouble with adjusting my AFR table; it shows that the max value for the cell at 8 lb/h. I've attached a screenshot of the table.

Background on the application.

l67 3.8l SC v6 from a 1998 bonneville ssei swapped into a 2000 Chevy Camaro that had a l36 3.8 v6.

I am using the PCM and harness from the Camaro.

I am using stock l67 injectors which flow higher than the stock l36 injectors, hence why I am attempting to modify the IFR vs KPA table.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My screen when I open a 3800 calibration is the other way around. It's 8 to Infinity.

You can input the data you need and it will work just fine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the quick response, so I can just ignore the "parameter out of range" error message I receive when modifying the table?

Also, as a ball park value I put 33 for all values in the table since that's the rating for the stock l67 injectors; I understand that I need to measure the fuel pressure for a more accurate value. This resulted in a hard start, and the engine not being able to stay running under 1000 rpms. I also noticed that the STFT were also staying at 0 while logging. Reflashing the stock tune reverted all of the issues.

Am I missing something here?

Do you have the file? Weird that it says parameter out of range, maybe that is a bug.

I wonder if I open it on my end if it shows it's backwards from the way I see it on a 2000 GTP calibration.

I wouldn't put them at a solid 33, you can copy the data straight over from a L67 tune.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Attached is the file.
    Thanks for the tip, just got a l67 tune from the repository.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yup, that's weird. Never seen it like that before in the many 3800's I've messed with. Not sure if it's a camaro thing.

This guy had the issue too, they requested him to email support.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-KPA-Incorrect

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much for you help, I just opened the l67 tune and the max/min values show as 4 to 254 lb/h.

Ill open a support ticket and will post any updates.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    likely just a bug with that operating system.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone, updating to the newest beta version of the software fixed it for me.

Thanks for the help!

Potential Tuner
    Since im also having this same issue on the injector tables. would it also explain why i have no options to disable DFCO for VE tuning?

DFCO wasn't a table we got. You can email support on that but it's likely that it may never be added.

Potential Tuner
    So correcting the VE is going to be...difficult at best. I wont hijack the thread with VE issues. But it would be nice to get my larger injectors in, Im peaking my stockers to 96%IDC. Here's hoping support can help me in the same way as the OP

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by soocold View Post
    So correcting the VE is going to be...difficult at best. I wont hijack the thread with VE issues. But it would be nice to get my larger injectors in, Im peaking my stockers to 96%IDC. Here's hoping support can help me in the same way as the OP
    VE tuning on these is pointless IMHO, in some of the v6 operating systems its set to a single value for the entire table. Just tune the maf and be happy. That all I've ever done on them and it works fine.

We don't be adding any additional tables for these ecm's.

Tuner
    From what it sounds like the V6 3.8 is coming more deeper into the art of tuning. Let's not hold back the true potentials and tuning. Let them rise.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    VE tuning on these is pointless IMHO, in some of the v6 operating systems its set to a single value for the entire table. Just tune the maf and be happy. That all I've ever done on them and it works fine.

We don't be adding any additional tables for these ecm's.
    I agree its not major but its not pointless. When im in openloop after startup low load AFR is 16-19:1 and depending on ECT it can last for up to a min. NOT how it should be and id like to slowly correct all aspects of the tune since i own the software and have invested more money than sense into this vehicle platform. Thank you for letting us know about the tables, I appreciate your input.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by soocold View Post
    I agree its not major but its not pointless. When im in openloop after startup low load AFR is 16-19:1 and depending on ECT it can last for up to a min. NOT how it should be and id like to slowly correct all aspects of the tune since i own the software and have invested more money than sense into this vehicle platform. Thank you for letting us know about the tables, I appreciate your input.
    Yes, its pointless.

This is going back some 11 years but you get the point... https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?15778-V6-VE-Tuning-Test&highlight=speed+density

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...400#post112400

Tuner
    No it's not pointless.
    Letzride did it for some time. he talk about it in the more tables for 3800 part in the V6 section. With all respects if a ride is at full throttle and the person mass air flow thing dies at high RPM, the car goes to VE at high RPM all at the same time. I would feel bad if that happen to me and the VE are so lean the motors blows at the same time at high RPMs. it would suck very bad. even if they use a LS1 mass air flow senor.

In full throttlev6.com going that far back I have read when some has done the VE and talk about the smoothness in idle and a change in response in the throttle for the batter. people even talk about it in the post link you gave to check out.

To others it is worth it, to keep the other tables out from us cause of your belief in the VE tables is like throwing HP Tuners under the bus.
    If people feels a table will help them, let them have access the there hearts desire to the tables in the 3.8 v6 world. Not just the VE but the spark tables too and more some. So many table in tiny tuner. Tiny Tuner did it, DHP did it. they all stop, but HP Tuners has the abilities to continue.

Why stop everyone from becoming a batter tuner within themselves.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 507 View Post
    No it's not pointless.
    Letzride did it for some time. he talk about it in the more tables for 3800 part in the V6 section. With all respects if a ride is at full throttle and the person mass air flow thing dies at high RPM, the car goes to VE at high RPM all at the same time. I would feel bad if that happen to me and the VE are so lean the motors blows at the same time at high RPMs. it would suck very bad. even if they use a LS1 mass air flow senor.

In full throttlev6.com going that far back I have read when some has done the VE and talk about the smoothness in idle and a change in response in the throttle for the batter. people even talk about it in the post link you gave to check out.

To others it is worth it, to keep the other tables out from us cause of your belief in the VE tables is like throwing HP Tuners under the bus.
    If people feels a table will help them, let them have access the there hearts desire to the tables in the 3.8 v6 world. Not just the VE but the spark tables too and more some. So many table in tiny tuner. Tiny Tuner did it, DHP did it. they all stop, but HP Tuners has the abilities to continue.

Why stop everyone from becoming a batter tuner within themselves.
    Guess you didn't read either of the links I posted. In any event we have no plans to add any additional tables to these 20 year old ecm's.

Tuner
    Can we still like email support if we want a particular table for ourselves. That way is just to one particular ECM?

Not trying to be a mean person. Just like to know for my self for a peace of mind.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 507 View Post
    Can we still like email support if we want a particular table for ourselves. That way is just to one particular ECM?

Not trying to be a mean person. Just like to know for my self for a peace of mind.
    If you have the hex address sure, otherwise we will not be adding anything even to particular operating systems.