Thread: 2005 Wrangler 4.0L, help needed please.

2005 Wrangler 4.0L, help needed please.

I have been tasked with dealing with a mess left from another "professional shop". The owner is retired military vet that a mutual friend referred to me to help. I can not turn him away but have never dealt with 4.0L Jeep tuning. Has turbo kit that we ended up redoing literally everything to make it right. Stock fuel system, hoping it will work for now. Just got it all running and leaks fixed so have been trying to get it figured out as for the tuning. This is quite confusing to me as I have been mainly doing GM and these do not have tables that I am familiar with. My main issue is setting up afr error histogram. I attached the stock file, and a saved one with some changes I believe to the map settings and a log of just first drive.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrperformance View Post
    I have been tasked with dealing with a mess left from another "professional shop". The owner is retired military vet that a mutual friend referred to me to help. I can not turn him away but have never dealt with 4.0L Jeep tuning. Has turbo kit that we ended up redoing literally everything to make it right. Stock fuel system, hoping it will work for now. Just got it all running and leaks fixed so have been trying to get it figured out as for the tuning. This is quite confusing to me as I have been mainly doing GM and these do not have tables that I am familiar with. My main issue is setting up afr error histogram. I attached the stock file, and a saved one with some changes I believe to the map settings and a log of just first drive.

Its been a while since I've done Jeep however I would rectify the pressure ratios and MAP scalar (I gather MAP sensor is changed)
    VE efficiency tables to reflect PR over 1 (scale) Then adjust to achieve the commanded FA enrichment. FA enrichment is weird as its air/fuel not fuel air. Inverse of what you are used to looking at.
    Max VE raise.
    Fuel FA power enrich scale.

The PR should reflect the boost you are seeing or want to run.

I actually have a tuner currently helping me and we found that by changing the MAP settings gives a P0274 or 2074 code and shuts the engine off. We have contacted support to add in the necessary parameters and await there response. On the other side, if we leave the stock settings it builds boost fast but is untunable in those areas. Thank You for the response.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Senior Tuner
    When updating your Map sensor settings, you need to also up the limits in the Engine Diag>Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor>Max MAP and Min Map. Bump those up to match the max your map sensor reads and shouldn't get those codes anymore.

All of those are set, the problem is P2074 which is a TPS MAP correlation. As soon as we raise the linear KPA to reflect the new sensor, code trips.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

All of those are set, the problem is P2074 which is a TPS MAP correlation. As soon as we raise the linear KPA to reflect the new sensor, code trips.

Sounds like you new linear data may be wrong or the offset needs changing. Changing the MAP data need to correspond to changing the MAP sensor. Your MAP value should match stock to after the new data is applied with the new sensor with key on engine off be it 2 or 2.5 bar.

It reads 2.5V, 99-100KPA, KOEO. It has already been confirmed through HP Tuners the missing parameter and they are working on it. The settings are there for previous ECM just were never implemented by HP to this one. It is also missing all of the special function features in VCM scanner, practically no transmission settings so can not even calibrate speedometer. Thanks

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Advanced Tuner
    sorry to ask but hows going with this turbo setup cause im about to begin the retrofit of a 2005/6 cherokee harness and pcm on a 2001 4.0 wrangler and a custom turbokit for a friend of mine and I begin gathering info on the build and i came across this thread
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

We got it worked out with multiple requests to HP. Have yet to upload the new file to see it it has cured the airflow limit but owner loves it! Spools super fast, makes 5psi at 26-2700. Did spike 15 a couple of times with a junk boost controller.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Advanced Tuner
    thats the same goal we have a fast spool low boost sand toy ....damn im excited tobegin this project what turbo you end using ?
    any website or youtube videos of the car?
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Universal High Performance Upgrade T70 12pc Turbo Kit (Silver Intercooler / Silver Pipping) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RK26D2A..._.ZY.AbY50B53W

Didn't end up using intercooler but relocated IAT to air filter.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Advanced Tuner
    It reads 2.5V, 99-100KPA, KOEO. It has already been confirmed through HP Tuners the missing parameter and they are working on it. The settings are there for previous ECM just were never implemented by HP to this one. It is also missing all of the special function features in VCM scanner, practically no transmission settings so can not even calibrate speedometer. Thanks
    Just out of curiosity, what parameters/tables were added in order to dial in the P2074 TPS/MAP correlation? I'm not seeing it called out specifically as P2074 anywhere in the editor.

There were 2 added I believe. I would have to look again to identify them.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Advanced Tuner
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it was these tables?
    P2074_tables.PNG

Haha, I believe that is the last one. There was another they had to do previous to that as well.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L