Thread: please check my base tune 2013 camaro turbo

Tuner in Training

please check my base tune 2013 camaro turbo

I'm new to tuning, I'm working on a 2013 Camaro ss auto with a custom rear mount twin turbo setup.. I just switched over to the 2 bar OS. made some changes and filled the ve table with what I think is the correct data. could someone please take a look at my tune and give me their opinion/ advice.. I'm hesitant to start the car on this tune and log until I hear from some of you pros.

thank you

1000cc fic (connection) injectors, 12592525 map sensor, cats deleted
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    advice needed
    Last edited by R3m0v3r; 04-05-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    cant open tune file

Tuner in Training
    It was made in beta. You need beta

Advanced Tuner
    I'm assuming you have a return style fuel system with a boost referenced pressure regulator?

post your stock file or if you don't have that the last file from the car

attatched is an LSA engine fitted where an LS3 once was with e38 PCM. it had the blower removed and custom 82mm billet single turbo fitted. made 1021rwhp on 20psi with stock LSA long engine apart from a mild cam and some valve springs. it had a power glide with 4800rpm stall in it, so as far as PCM is concerned a manual.

it has 2000cc injectors on E85 so I had to trick the PCM by using pump fuel stoich and using the VE table to add the fuel. it also has return style fuel system with MAP referenced reg.

I think you should view several things in the attached file. VE table shape (feel free to copy and paste) timing table commanded PE and BE values etc. etc.

bear in mind this was on E85 and 20psi so the timing may be a bit aggressive for your 93 gas depending on boost level.

this car drove like factory.

it seems a very similar combo to what you have and most of the tables could be directly copy and paste over.

your VE table looks to me like you're asking it at about 9.5-10.0 AFR

you may also want to consider editing your IAT and ECT multipliers all to 1 and then editing the compensator timing numbers to what you're actually wanting. makes analysing your data log much easier on boosted cars.

stock.hptfinal 1021rwhp 20psi.hpt
    Last edited by lukearmstrong1990; 04-07-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I do not. It's the stock fuel system with a zl1 fuel pump. When initially trying to get the car to run, it ran like shit... I ran a search for id1000 in here and found someone who posted a tune.. 2 of his tables were different from mine. I assumed (wrongly) that i had entered the info wrong and trued out his values.. the car actually idled a lot better..

Further testing since creating this post has proven otherwide..

My injector data needs to be corrected but I'm lost at this point.

My initial log showed stft floating around -20 to -25%.
    I did a blanket multiply 0.8 on the ve table. Next log showed no change and the same-ish variance..

Multiplied by % and no change.. except the wide band was showing larger sweeps above and below stoich..

My injector data is wrong. Just not sure what to do to fix it.

Tuner in Training
    here is my stock file.. my target afrs were 14.16 for stoic, 12.5 for pe then be starting at low 11's and lower until I dialed in the fueling.
    I do not have a return style fuel system.
    thank you for the file, I'm going to check it out.

Advanced Tuner
    copy all your values from stock injector file over to your current one. then highlight the entire IFR table and x1.02 (multiply by 2%) until the value in your 128KPA table says 100lb/hr or as close too as you can.

copy the VE tables from the 1021rwhp file and perhaps some of the PE and BE settings.

if you have a decent camshaft your STFT aren't much good to go off for idle tuning, use a wideband and don't consider much of the data until its warmed up a little.

once its running even if you have to hold the pedal just highlight the entire VE table and add or subtract what you need to until it will idle and drive around a car park OK... then you can go and log STFT and wideband for cruise.

I would edit yours but then I have to license it.... $$$

Tuner in Training
    I do see my ve table is way off compared to 1021hp ve.. I'll will try his ve table...
    I'm supposed to have data for these injectors.. shouldn't I be using that somehow as opposed to fudging the stock numbers?

Tuner in Training
    Camshaft is the stock l99 vvt cam

Tuner in Training
    I changed the ve table and injector data. attached is the injector data I received and the modified tune file. does it look right?

Advanced Tuner
    data for your injectors is nice. but to start with you can use stock data and just tell the ECU that it has bigger injectors fitted and how big they are.

ok I just looked at your stock file. your stock file. without a return system you'll have to run 1/2 value IFR and double stoich to get it to work.

OK if you have a stock cam VE table will look a bit different.

ive attached the file above but with a VE table suited to a standard camshaft.

look at the IFR table the stoich table and the IVT terms table.

that's how you'll have to trick your stock system into running.

copy and paste that into your file with your stock injector data except for the IFR

IFR Stoich IVT edit example.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    let us know how you go

if its super rich or lean at idle once its warmed up and settle into CL the just add or subtract the required percentage from the entire VE table and copy it to all 3 (closed, open & DOD). then go collect some data

Tuner in Training
    Absolutely.. I'll be posting updates in this thread.

1000cc injectors DO NOT require you to use the double stoich and half the IFR.

That operation system can handle up 127lb/hr injectors no problem. So even at 58psi of fuel pressure they are only 110lb/hr or so.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    my sincerest apologies

I had my IFR table shrunk and assumed the 488kpa numbers and up were 127 maxed. I expanded and can see that its only 112.

I feel like an idiot now

Tuner in Training
    It's cool bro... if we all got it right all the time there wouldn't be any need for forums. Checks and balances.

Advanced Tuner
    IFR example_correct.hpt

see attached for example.

look only at the IFR which I've corrected now. please excuse my retarded moment.