Thread: OS upgrade not available 2004 5.3

Tuner in Training

OS upgrade not available 2004 5.3

I have a 2007 1500 5.3 with p59, gm gen 3 v8, 4.3l v6 hardware and someone (who I don?t have contact with) already did an OS upgrade before I got to mess with the truck and I can?t change it to a 3 bar OS upgrade now because I don?t have the stock file for this truck to go off of, in the OS area in the VCM Editor it?s just blank. I do, on the other hand have a stock licensed file for a 2003 1500 6.0 with the same exact hardware just different controller numbers. And I also have a stock licensed file for a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0 with the same hardware but once again different controller numbers and engines and what not...Can I flash one of those stock file?s into this 2007 truck and change the vin back and re do the engine size and stuff So I can do a 3 bar OS upgrade? Once again, all of these files I already have licensed. Thank you!

Senior Tuner
    You can't create a VIN/OS mismatch.

Tuner in Training
    Okay, so how do I go about doing an os upgrade on something that?s alreasy hade one and I do not have the stock file for?

Advanced Tuner
    license the 2007 1500 5.3 with p59 and compare the p59 to the pcm you'd like the parameters from. Paste those parameters into the p59?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by D.cooper View Post
    Okay, so how do I go about doing an os upgrade on something that?s alreasy hade one and I do not have the stock file for?
    You don't.

Find another computer is what I'd do.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.