Thread: Why Does Nothing Work?

Why Does Nothing Work?

Trying to get a 2005 Auto C6 with Cam, full exhuast, no cats, 3600rpm converter, gear, 60lb/hr injectors, Procharger, and boost-a-pump. Car wants to run at 10.2AFR no matter what, I keep reducing VE table (while in SD mode) by 20% (10.2/14.7) and nothing happens, car continues to run at 10.2AFR. Do it again, and the car Continues to run at 10.2AFR. I think I've done everything so far correctly, but I'm about to take a hammer to the car. I've even rewrote the entire VCM a few times to make sure it wasn't a glitch somewhere in that.

Mike

PS. I've looking for th A/C command tables as well, and I can't find them, can some one please point them out to me.
    Have a few thousand files I can share. I'm not on here often so please email me. [email protected]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDastardlyDuo
    Trying to get a 2005 Auto C6 with Cam, full exhuast, no cats, 3600rpm converter, gear, 60lb/hr injectors, Procharger, and boost-a-pump. Car wants to run at 10.2AFR no matter what, I keep reducing VE table (while in SD mode) by 20% (10.2/14.7) and nothing happens, car continues to run at 10.2AFR. Do it again, and the car Continues to run at 10.2AFR. I think I've done everything so far correctly, but I'm about to take a hammer to the car. I've even rewrote the entire VCM a few times to make sure it wasn't a glitch somewhere in that.

Mike

PS. I've looking for th A/C command tables as well, and I can't find them, can some one please point them out to me.
    Sorry I don't have the ability to look at all of the tables in your file, but if you are commaning 10.88 in the PE table?

I have not done anything with the LS2's but when the car is in open loop it will use the richest setting of all of the tables it polls. So you need to make sure that they table you want to use for WOT tuning. i.e. PE table, is the richest table.

If you are commanding a richer AFR in the Open Loop table, for example, than what your PE is set to.. it will use the richer of the two.

Again.. not having specific LS2 experience I am just trying to point you in a direction. Hope that helps.

I just put a rich PE value in to make sure it wouldnt lean out until I got the VE tables set. I'm still just trying to get the car to run correctly in SD in instances between 800-3600rpm. Plus the file I posted is with the MAF on still, just to show the corrections for the injectors.

Mike
    Have a few thousand files I can share. I'm not on here often so please email me. [email protected]

Senior Tuner
    The high accessory load of the blower and the low
    pump[ing efficiency of the cam are going to really
    elevate the low-RPM MAP values even if the boost
    is held off by throttle. This will push you into a fat
    place in the open loop fuel air table (EQ Ratio) at
    open loop idle. If your PE enable TPS is low then
    you may end up open loop at unusually low TPS
    (having a higher than normal MAP, thus satisfying
    that enable term). You need to refer the observed
    commanded fuel air multiplier to MAP, ECT, RPM and
    the various fueling tables (PE, OLFA) and see who
    is in charge. Also the blower is going to heat the
    intake air and bend what you see from the main
    tables.

You're going to have to peel this onion, starting from
    the things that should be clean and simple (like IFR)
    and backing into a stable minimum idle from a higher
    starting point.

I wonder if you might be better off taking it in stages,
    like bypass the blower until you know the injectors
    and cam and all that are at least 1-bar sane. Too many
    changes at once, becomes messier geometrically.

Car Idles fine, and is very streetable when the MAF is connected, once I go into SD, the car is very very rich, ST/LT are -25/-13, with AFR being 10.2 on the wideband. No matter how much I lean out the VE table, nothing changes. I will be logging the EQ Ratio on my next dyno appointment in like 15 min, and let you guys know.

Mike

Scan

Here's the scan of the car. This is with the MAF connected.

Got it, thanks to another thread on here, it seems as though the Open Loop IVT Gain has to be set to .1, otherwise it acts as a multiplier. Finally starting to see the kind of movement I expect too.