Thread: Please help, PID not working.

Tuner in Training

Please help, PID not working.

I have my LM-1 hooked up through my egr position and when i check the egr position in volts, i get the right reading its just in volts and not an afr. Then i plug in my pid ([PID.2811]/.625)+10 and choose to see it in the scanner and nothing happens. I dont know if im doing somthing wrong or if its the software.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    post a scan file I'll check it out.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Do you just get reading of all 0's or some other off the wall number?
    Just to restate the obvious you are logging egr voltage in the table display?
    Like foff667 said post a short log and config file and one of us will help you out.
    FYI I have switched to logging WB through O2B2 my unused rear O2 sensor and even though it would seem to be lower resolution because it is only a 1volt signal it is much more stable.I had to much voltage fluctuation through egr i assume because of grounding problems and rather than chase them down i decided to try rear O2 input.
    It works fine i have a 20 mv offset that stays the same from 0 to 1 volt.
    settings are
    LM-1
    10-18 AFR
    0-1 volt

Custom pid is
    ([pid.21]-20)/125+10
    which is
    (O2B2-20mv offset)/mv per afr unit+10 afr units
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29
    VCM ID:7DS739259ui
    VCM OS ID:9387047

Tuner in Training
    Ahh.. success, i got it to work, it was somthing so simple it makes me feel stupid, anyway yes i was looking at egr postion in volts, in the table display, and i had a signal, thats y i knew it wasnt hardware, but anyway if you go to histogram configuration and click on 6. VE-wideband 02 and then look at Plot Value, the 2 to choose from are grayed out, all you have to do it click on it and setup your pid, i saw the first one (sensor i just didnt see the other one to the right (PID and thats where my problem was, clicked on PID: set it up and bam, it worked. anyways thanks for your help guys.

Tuner in Training
    I finely got my LM-1 working through my egr using a custom PID, but now i cant get my AFR Error PID to work, my formula for my Wibe band is ([PID.2811]/.5)+10 and my formula for my AFR Error is 100*((([PID.2811]/.5)+10)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121], y is my WB working but not my AFR Error?

Quote Originally Posted by speedyss
    I finely got my LM-1 working through my egr using a custom PID, but now i cant get my AFR Error PID to work, my formula for my Wibe band is ([PID.2811]/.5)+10 and my formula for my AFR Error is 100*((([PID.2811]/.5)+10)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121], y is my WB working but not my AFR Error?
    in your custom PID...set it up so that the sensor is AFR and teh units are AFR then you can just use the normal AFR error PID with it
    -Scott -