Thread: LS2 fans.

Advanced Tuner

LS2 fans.

Anyone figured out how the fan control scheme works on an LS2 A4? I can't figure it out. The lowest setting is 192, but if I put anthing over 30 in there the fan runs as soon as you start the car, even if the ECT is 75 degrees at startup. What I want to do is make it turn on at 180 and off at 175. Turn both on at 185. Can't figure it out.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

I think that chris has been working on a fix for that...He said he had something in the works..I just dont know for sure if its ready yet or not
    or if he even figured out what he was going to do...I just know its all ready been looked at and he had a solution in mind
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    A fix or just tell me what the damn thing is thinking. It makes no sense from what I've played with so far.

Thanks in advance Chris!!!
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ystem_fans.htm

only 2bar changes the fan axis lower.

For Discrete (relay based) fans the State vs. Desired % and the Output vs. State control when and how many fans come on for a given %.

Simply look up the State in the State vs. Desired % and then look at which fans are set to come on for a particular state.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...