Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 14 GT500 not going WOT

Advanced Tuner

14 GT500 not going WOT

Getting a torque source of trans shift mod, and throttle limiting around 50%. Anyone know what this means? I have tried everything I can see that would cause it, I am attaching datalog and tune. Any pointers appreciated!

2014_GT500_58.hpt
    3-9-18.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Throttle Source: TRQ reduction > Driver Demand
    Torque Source: Trans Shift Mod(modulation)

It looks like the ECM is calculating over 1180# of torque, which is tripping a few limits.

Oscillation Switch : Set to Disabled

ECM 33018 - ETC maximum indicated torque: Raise this to 1500(you have it set to 1200)
    Torque limit timer: Set this to 16,000
    Max Brake TRQ - Spark Retard: Raise to 1500(you have it set at 1,180, which might be your problem since thats the max torque seen in the brake torque PID)

^ those steps should band-aid it enough to finish dialing in your torque tables

Now one thing I'm also noticing is it's calculating 1100# of torque, how ever MAF saw, at most, 86#/min and didnt even peg the limit of the PID. What kind of set up is this? I don't think you should be registered 1100# of torque on that little airflow.
    Last edited by Jn2; 03-09-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, thanks, I will try these suggestions & report back.

This is a stock motor with cams & a more overdriven blower, nothing too special. I don't see why it's calculating that much torque either. Is the torque calculated, or measured? I used to think it was measured, but here lately, I'm thinking calculated.

Your torque tables are out of whack and need to be properly tuned.

In addition to the limiters Jn2 listed, your IPC max torque could used raised as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the help guys, made the changes, same thing, can't tell any difference.
    I'm attaching the log and tune for review.

I think the torque is simply read in from the indicated torque tables, so if I put big numbers in the indicated torque table, it'll read big numbers, regardless of what the motor is making. Maybe I need to put torque tables (and inverse torque too) back stock, see what it does? This setup can't be making anywhere near that amount of torque, I have been increasing the torque to try & get rid of these limitations, to no avail.

2014_GT500_62.hpt

3-10.hpl

Senior Tuner
    I would put everything under pedal back to stock values. This includes ETC driver demand torque as thats what translates pedal position into a torque request value.

Did you change your gear ratios under auto shift speed or is that how HPT pulled it out of the ECU for you? Another GT500 file shows 7 gears but starting from reverse 2.9, yours starts from 1st 2.66. This could also be the main cause for trans shift mod and throttle limit.
    Last edited by murfie; 03-10-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I was thinking same thing on the driver demand. I'll try it today.

On the gear ratios, they were wrong, I put them like that, after I saw it was giving that limit. It didn't seem to help anything. I was thinking trans shift mod was an auto trans thing, not for manuals?

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't tried the dd table going back stock yet, raining here, but yesterday I did get it to go 82% briefly, which is WOT, I think. It went to 82%, then back down, I'm attaching the tune, and log. 82% occurs, then the trans shift mod torque source comes up. I assume this is limiting it, but not sure what a "trans shift mod" is, as this is a manual gearbox, not auto.

Driver demand limit source is also going to Comb. Stab. Limit, whatever that is.

2014_GT500_70.hpt3-10-3.hpl

Trans shift modulation - it's still active in Torque Management. Not sure which one will disable this either 1 or 0 - depends which Ford LOL

Murf's right - it seems that ECU thinks you want to shift so there must be something wrong with gearing. Check the SPEEDO tab: final drive ratio, tire size, N/V base. Try to log OSS.
    There's also a 1200 Nm Limit PID control there.

Clipboard02.jpg
    Last edited by veeefour; 03-12-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Trans shift modulation - it's still active in Torque Management. Not sure which one will disable this either 1 or 0 - depends which Ford LOL

Murf's right - it seems that ECU thinks you want to shift so there must be something wrong with gearing. Check the SPEEDO tab: final drive ratio, tire size, N/V base. Try to log OSS.
    There's also a 1200 Nm Limit PID control there.
    Ok, I will try to disable the torque management, see what happens.

As far as gears, it's all stock, gears & all, OSS is essentially vehicle speed, but I could probably log it too. I too am thinking the ecu is wanting something to change gears, but not sure. Is there a limit enacted if you don't change gears at the right time?

I have lots to try, but it's snowing here today, hopefully it'll quit & dry up soon so I can get back on it. I would put it on the dyno, but our eddy dyno requires the door to be open, too cold for that today, out other dyno doesn't have an eddy brake, just inertia, but it is in the dry.

Tuning Addict
    Hopefully this will help you... This is a 13 - otherwise should be the same car minus a few mods... Mods on this car are LMR NSR cams, pulley, cai, long tubes with car deletes and exhaust engine wise... Looks like yours from the tune is cammed and pullied at the least... This one does have the wrong TB data - was just an experiment at the time... It has idle problems, but goes wot just fine - maybe you can just compare the limits and everything like that just for comparison to help you out?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, testing again today, getting weird, I've been getting trans shift mod again, still can't figure out where that's coming from. Also, combustion stability limit, then, my fuel source says torque reduction, lean, which is correct, but iI've been rich until now. I've been increasing the torque values to get rid of engine Ind torque limit, but upping those seems to create other problems.
    One thing, no way this setup is making anywhere close to 1000ft/lbs torque, but that's what scanner is saying. Maybe if my torque was in line, it would come around? I'm not sure why this is indicating so much torque, how does scanner read torque? It is not read out by the crank sensor, I'm sure, if so, mines went bad or something.

Car is 2014 GT500, L&M NSR cams, headers, no cats, overdrive pulley, stock blower, ID1000 inj, dual 76mm FRPP TB.

3-13.hpl

2014_GT500_75.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    And thanks for everyones help so far, not sure what to try next, but I think the problem could be in these bogus torque readings/values indicated.
    Tried GHuggins throttle& torque settings, amongst others, seemed ok, not really much difference, maybe less throttle overall, still getting errors.
    His tune is from a similar car, so torque should be close anyway, and it's nowhere near what my scanner is saying, somethings wrong there for sure, I'm thinking.

Tuning Addict
    You try the torque ratio configurations? I would use my DD and inverse tables too and the wheel torque error - just noticed these tables weren't different... My TB tables are wrong - car doesn't idle right - it's at the rearend shop getting some upgrades before I finish tuning it...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You try the torque ratio configurations? I would use my DD and inverse tables too and the wheel torque error - just noticed these tables weren't different... My TB tables are wrong - car doesn't idle right - it's at the rearend shop getting some upgrades before I finish tuning it...
    Do you mean the torque tables?
    If so, I tried them, along with your inverse, worked good, but still limiting by engine indicated torque. That's when I started upping the torque values.
    I haven't even looked at the throttle tables, since you said they weren't any good. This one doesn't idle good either, but I did change the rearend gear to 3.73 yesterday, since it was raining. Takes off a lot easier, but I think the throttle/air model isn't correct yet either, but drivable. Does anyone have a machine idling & taking off as good as a stocker, that has cams?

Tuning Addict
    These - Your specific torque limits are changed from mine...
    Attached Images Attached Images

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    I cant see anything labeled specific torque limits, not following you

Tuning Addict
    The torque ratio configuration section - those three tables - your "specific" issues are setup differently in these tables than how mine are setup - I've had issues with these in the past causing weird problems...

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I see what you're meaning, my fuel cut torque ratio is all set to 0 which should be off.
    I was hoping this would be the way they should be, but maybe not, I'll try your values in the morn, see what happens.

Also, do you have a datalog of this car? I would like to see the indicated torque your car is making, see if it's anywhere close to what this one is doing.

Advanced Tuner
    I also noticed that you have the engine inertia torque set to .0120 where stock is .0361.
    Why is this value set so low? Any idea what it does?