Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS3 - 525hp Crate Tune

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    You have an interesting setup.

C5 ECM is a P59. So when you stated C5, the incompatibility got my attention.

E38 ECM? No Lingenfelter 58x adapter needed. E38 is a 58x ECM. It is a DBW ECM though. Disconnect that adapter! Are you using cable throttle or electric?

Here is a LS376/525 E38 file I found in the repository. There are a few in there. Remember to copy over differences to the tune file in the ECM currently. Dont try to write the entire file. SAVE THE CURRENT TUNE FILE IN THE ECM BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO IT!

Use the repository. Its a great resource.

Attachment 86102
    Forgive my lack of knowledge but I am putting together a 6.0 sq port motor form an 07 suburban doner. Its 11:1. The texas speed cam that exactly matches the specs for the 376/525 crate. Will this tune file get me in the right direction for my setup? I believe I have the E38 ECM its got 2 plugs on it one black one grey on the ecm. I am short on time to research... 24 7 roadside emergency service takes a lot of my life =)
    Thanks a bunch in advance Ken
    Last edited by Madspeed; 08-28-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Madspeed View Post
    Forgive my lack of knowledge but I am putting together a 6.0 sq port motor form an 07 suburban doner. Its 11:1. The texas speed cam that exactly matches the specs for the 376/525 crate. Will this tune file get me in the right direction for my setup? I believe I have the E3 ECM its got 2 plugs on it one black one grey on the ecm. I am short on time to research... 24 7 roadside emergency service takes a lot of my life =)
    Thanks a bunch in advance Ken
    I have a tune for a LSx 376/525 with a E67 ECM/T42 TCM and a 4L70E trans. I don't have my laptop available to me right now since I'm on vacation in Myrtle Beach. When I get back home, I can send it to you and you can try it out. You might not be able to do a direct copy over but you might be able to do a copy and paste.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I have a tune for a LSx 376/525 with a E67 ECM/T42 TCM and a 4L70E trans. I don't have my laptop available to me right now since I'm on vacation in Myrtle Beach. When I get back home, I can send it to you and you can try it out. You might not be able to do a direct copy over but you might be able to do a copy and paste.
    The E38 tune that was posted worked.. thanks for the offer.
    Thank you as well jaydubb71 its running. I could not figure out how to get it to run until I copied this tune to my file and did a FULL FLASH.. I hate how HP tuners works btw. Cost me 2 credits registering that tune file before I copied it all to my file... W efi live the ecm is lic'd and it dont matter what file you use... So far HP tuners has cost me 4 wasted credits on 2 trucks =(

Potential Tuner
    Jaydubb71 hello sir, I am doing the same set up with my 07 tbss can I ask you a few questions .