Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of tuning ability 2.0L LSJ

Out of tuning ability 2.0L LSJ

I have 60lb/hr injectors on my lsj 2.0L and we are running into a problem. The maximum injector flow for the ifr vs map table is 63.49. With these injectors the map is maxed out over 3/4 of its range. Is their anyway to increase the resolution of this map so the ecm can get accurate data so it'll quit throwing rich codes under part throttle?

There is also another small glitch in one of the spark tables I'll ty to find at home today

And the fan control still doesnt work in the scanner

Lastly...does the blackbox logging have less resolution than laptop hookup? It seemed lke my scans had more data when I scanned with the laptop hooked up than when I did it with just the box

Thanks,

Dan

edit, i just re-read your post

if the PCM is throwing rich codes it means that your injector flow rate is too small or most likely your injector offset needs adjusting (ie. its putting in too much extra fuel at smaller pulse widths).
    Last edited by Chris@HPTuners; 07-18-2006 at 06:57 AM.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    edit, i just re-read your post

if the PCM is throwing rich codes it means that your injector flow rate is too small or most likely your injector offset needs adjusting (ie. its putting in too much extra fuel at smaller pulse widths).

Ya the table maxed out so at any idle/vac conditions the values are maxed at 63.49 when in reality they need to be almost 70. Anyway u can increase the max numbers for that table?

my chart looks like this:
    : _______________ 63.49
    : /
    :/

grr not letting me draw it too well

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its probably hardcoded which means not without developing a custom OS
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

It's an actual limit in the software as GM never thought anyone would put "big" injectors with a stock PCM. 63.49 = FFFF in hex...

What you can do to work around this problem is find the difference between actual injector size and what the table accepts and use that as a multiplier in the VE table per Kpa range.
    Always Support Our Troops!

so itd be abs((actual injector size @ Kpa) - 63.49)/63.49)*(ve @ Kpa) right? Or do I have it messed up...thanks!!!

63.49/Actual = VE adjustment%

ok just changed the ve im gonna go give it a shot

let me know how this works for you Dan, I have the same issue and have tried to find the fix.

Frank

so far first time out i go p0068 in a wot 2nd gear run...disabled all the maf/map rationality tests and so far soo good drives 100x better so far

Great! Glad it worked for you.

Eck Problems now

I have no more cruise control...I'm assuming this is because the etc/maf/map rationality test arent being run so its disabling the e throttle controller for cruise

Also I no longer have DFCO...itll just say lean on my wideband instead of going to air...meaning trace amounts of fuel (20.1+) are being sprayed in under coast condiditons...makes it kinda jerky there

Any thoughts ideas guys?

Thanks,

Dan

I will be upgrading to 60's very soon as well , I currently have lucas 42's . I was going to scale the IFR table for 50's which at 60 psi would be close to 60's this way the ifr table will not be maxed out and will still adjust for vaccum and pressure , and then I was going to rescale the MAF table to retune the afr to get it as close to what it was before the 60's went in . I haven't done this yet , but will be soon because my 42's are maxed out at 6900 rpms at 260 whp with my 2.8 pulley . I have a 2.5 going on soon and I know it will not be enough .

I wonder if we could just insert the 50lb chart but then use the ifr vs volt of map modifier table to compensate? Ill try it tonight if I can

Tuner
    Perhaps you could control the fuel with the Injector offset vs Volts vs VAC tables and not mess with the VE offset.

Instead of trying to trick the PCM with the VE offset and make up for the lack of IFR control, maybe you could directly alter the IPW with that table and remove fuel?
    Last edited by zinner; 08-03-2006 at 06:27 AM.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

Potential Tuner
    Guys, i have 60lb injectors, LT1 Maff, and my IFR table is pegged at 63.4 except at 215KPA where it is 6? . My ltft's are with-in my +or-10 and car runs great.

anyone notice the burst KR vs delta air or whatever has a glitch where it doesnt let the values change?

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Great! Glad it worked for you.

Well I got it all to work except one problem.

If i dont disable the maf/map correlation check (p0068) I go into limp mode...If I disable it I lose cruise control.

Could I change the IFR table to that of 50lbers then adjust the maf and ve tables by the percentage the ifr is off from actual? Having this IFR table max ou is really screwing thigns up for me.

Also I want to try SD tning but a lot of the stuff seems to kinda contradict

SO i want to:
    Set maf fail to 0 and disable the light
    set pe to 13:0 across the board
    copy high octane to low octane

Then do what with mywideband?

Also does this work with a maxed out IFR table?

Dan

Leave the light on so you know you're in SD
    Turn off closed loop (by setting the ECT vs IAT for CLosed Loop to 284 F
    If yours is different post a screen shot...

PE can be 13 or a little less (12.8 ish)
    Make sure your logging commanded AFR & your wideband AFR. Then watch the AFR Error on the MAP vs RPM vs AFR Error% histogram.

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Leave the light on so you know you're in SD
    Turn off closed loop (by setting the ECT vs IAT for CLosed Loop to 284 F
    If yours is different post a screen shot...

PE can be 13 or a little less (12.8 ish)
    Make sure your logging commanded AFR & your wideband AFR. Then watch the AFR Error on the MAP vs RPM vs AFR Error% histogram.

What do u do with that histogram once u got it...also how should u drive?