Thread: 2011 5.3/auto in a street rod. the speedometer/shift points way off. how to scale??

2011 5.3/auto in a street rod. the speedometer/shift points way off. how to scale??

I'm working on a street rod with a 5.3 and auto out of a 2011 Tahoe. Someone did the complete swap and now it needs tuned. the trans is shifting terrible and after a datalog, I noticed that the vehicle speed is reading 35mph while the car is actually going 50mph. changing it on this specific ecu seems different then the earlier ecu's. I'm thinking that is the reason the shifts are so far off on the car. can someone give me a quick crash course on the proper way of scaling the tune so the mph seen by the ecu is the actual mph the car is going? Thanks for any and all help

Is the tire size and gear ratio correct for what the swap vehicle is running?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

that's the first thing I would like to check. when I go to read the tune, it starts reading for about 10 seconds and then fails. it will stay at .2% read then fail. Ive tried reading each controller individually and it still does the same thing.