Thread: How do I tune spark advance on a 2.2 eco

Tuner in Training

How do I tune spark advance on a 2.2 eco

I know I should copy my higy octane table to the low one.
    But how do I properly scan for KR and set up the histogram? every time I log my run KR never shows up. I keep reading about turning of fuel trims but on my scanner it is greyed out. I am just a newbie and I don't want to blow my engine trying to fiqure this stuff out.

Tuner in Training
    I read all these how too's but none of them relate to my car. It's just a plain jane junker with alot of pep if I can tune it properly. Will anybody do a how to on these things?

Tuner in Training
    When you hit the histrogram's "+" (max in that area) if it doesnt show anything then theres no knock in that log. Alot of times you'll need a good load to see knock if your too high, make sure to make some highway runs and some steep hill runs.

after a good check, and your not getting any knock, up your tables +1 and smooth or +2 and smooth then repeat.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the tip. keep them coming if you can. For example what parameters should I use for the scanner and the histogram. all the histograms that came with software don't work. It took me forever just to get one to come up properly. But I still not sure which sensors to include. thanx again.
    2003 Cavalier 2.2 L4. Modified Intake and throttle body. Header and 2000 watts of boost in the trunk.