Thread: Missing table?

Advanced Tuner

Missing table?

Trying to get my 2014 GT 500 tuned, watched Greg Banish's video, (albeit for different software) he wants to tune a table called Failed MAF pretty soon in the tuning process. Also Don Lasota's Ford tuning guide also makes mention of this table too. I can't find it anywhere in the software, do these Copperhead ecu's for GT 500 not have that table? Mine has poor drivability at low speeds, thinking this could be a problem, anyone else notice this? Or have input?

Advanced Tuner
    should be under AIRFLOW>MAF>LOAD W/MAF FAILED

Advanced Tuner
    There is no load with failed maf for the GT500

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1325 View Post
    There is no load with failed maf for the GT500
    I thought that must be the case. It does, however have one that's labeled a failed TPS table, or something to that effect, does it need to be tuned? I can't find anything on it at all.
    Seems like GT500's are different than anything else, and no one covers them specifically, in training books or makes mention of their differences.ANyone know of a good source for info on them?

Advanced Tuner
    I have never seen that table touched but it would be nice if there was specific information for the GT500 as there logic is different than other mustangs.

Advanced Tuner
    I have never seen that table touched but it would be nice if there was specific information for the GT500 as there logic is different than other mustangs.
    That's exactly what I'm seeing. I have bought books & videos, all speak about the 5.0 cars, or the previous Spanish Oak PCM, which are similar, but not the same.
    Mine has large cams, overdriven blower, large TB, worse combo to try to tune, let alone learn on. I have it driving pretty good now, nice & smooth, but taking off from idle is not good, doesn't idle well either. Been playing around with minimum TB angle, seems to help some, but not cured yet. If I even figure this one out, any others that I try to tune should be a cakewalk.

"Edit -> Speed Density Calculator" doesn't work? The Copperhead gt500 files I have show speed density tables the same way as any other Copperhead but with a single mapped point as variable cam timing doesn't exist. The Oak PCMs use the load with failed maf.

Advanced Tuner
    I just looked, the HPTuners version I have been using doesn't have any calculators, but downloaded a newer one, it has SD calculator, an ETC calculator, and an inverse calculator. Now if I just knew how to use them!

On the SD tables, mine isn't like that, I have a 2010, and a 2014, 2010 is as you speak though. Here is a screenshot of both

2010 SD.jpg

2014 SD.jpg

The 2014 car should tune speed density like any other copperhead using that calculator. There a few threads in the forums on how to use it.

I haven't personally tuned an 07-10 gt500 but the GTs use the load with failed maf those years, it looks like the oak pcm GT500 uses the map per air mass and map at zero air mass tables.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, but I don't see any speed density table to tune, on the 14?

Yes, I haven't messed with the 10, it's still stock, but I'd assume it's tuned like you say. If I open the 2010 file, the speed density calculator isn't available, but is available on the 2014, but I can't see a table to tune?

I did play with the table, looks pretty easy too use, if I could find my table to tune, maybe I'm not looking in the right place? I would think it's in SD section, but maybe not.

EDIT, looking at the 10 tune, it doesn't have a failed MAF table either, same as the 14 doesn't, it does, however, have a airmass TPS failed table. Anyone ever tuned the TPS failed table?
    Last edited by MRRPMBRP; 02-19-2018 at 07:30 PM.

The calculator is the table. It converts the offset and slope into a tunable table.

The gt500 oak pcms don?t use a failed with maf table. Only the gt.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I got it, just calculate it, and it's done.
    Any ideas on the airmass tps failed table?

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if we can get the calculator for the oak pcm gt500 that would be great. I didn't know it was on the 13/14 gt500 I haven't even looked.

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if we can get the calculator for the oak pcm gt500 that would be great. I didn't know it was on the 13/14 gt500 I haven't even looked.
    The effective area and Torque inverse are available on the 2010, but not Speed density.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    Ok, I got it, just calculate it, and it's done.
    Any ideas on the airmass tps failed table?
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US20040144166

Airflow is measured by the MAF sensor. The MAF value goes through the TB model and manifold model to get an in cylinder aircharge value. The throttle model(DD torque table values) is used to get a second air flow value(see Bill's Torque control ETC system post). This also goes through the manifold model. Both are compared at the in cylinder aircharge value which is represented as air load or absolute load. Just as the MAF sensor is critical to the airflow measurement, a critical part of the throttle model is the TPS. If the sensor fails then the MAF value is compared to this table and limited to the in cylinder values. Stock values are between ~30%-50% load if the TPS sensor fails for safety. With a digital MAF you are not limited as much as analog MAF sensors were, so a failed MAF to load table is less important.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US20040144166

Airflow is measured by the MAF sensor. The MAF value goes through the TB model and manifold model to get an in cylinder aircharge value. The throttle model(DD torque table values) is used to get a second air flow value(see Bill's Torque control ETC system post). This also goes through the manifold model. Both are compared at the in cylinder aircharge value which is represented as air load or absolute load. Just as the MAF sensor is critical to the airflow measurement, a critical part of the throttle model is the TPS. If the sensor fails then the MAF value is compared to this table and limited to the in cylinder values. Stock values are between ~30%-50% load if the TPS sensor fails for safety. With a digital MAF you are not limited as much as analog MAF sensors were, so a failed MAF to load table is less important.
    Ok, thanks for the explanation!

I guess the question still remains is should I tune the airmass TPS failed table? I have never even seen anyone mention this table before, let alone any talk of tuning it.
    Everything I read on the Coyotes says to tune the failed maf first, then tune the torque tables, inverse, throttle & such, I wonder if the same applies to this table?

On the BETA HPTuners I have, worked great for a few times, but now, if you right click on a table, try to save a file, or write a tune, it'll crash. I have been using the calculator to calculate the torque inverse tables by way of CTRL V & CTRL C since I can't right click, paste into the older HPTuners version and flash that way. One nice feature is the new version you don't have to write the complete tune, waaay faster to flash this way, really miss that part about it.