Thread: 4l60E - anyone actually let TCC lockup in 2nd?

Tuner in Training

4l60E - anyone actually let TCC lockup in 2nd?

Has anyone actually set the TCC lockup to work in 2nd. Factory is set to 256MPH in Gen 3 LS to disable it. I'm curious how it would perform.

Im also curious about letting the TCC stay locked during shifts.

Any thoughts?
    91 Jeep Wrangler, 5.3 / 4L60E, Block Hugger Headers, Custom Airbox, L33 / 10:1 / 799 Heads, 2-1-2 Exhaust, Ford 8.8 LS Rear Axle w/ 3.73

Tuner
    not good no need maybe if you only traverse hills and mountains maybe but its shifting with it locked up is no good for longevity.It would work but for how long. I myself only have lookup in forth gear they had it in my stock file to where it locked up in 3rd but no thanks I removed that less heat is more neat I'm in florida btw too so...

Advanced Tuner
    Keeping the converter unlocked/slipping creates more heat. If your looking for less heat lock that bad boy as soon as you want in 2nd 3rd and 4th. Having the converter locked through a shift is another option. the 4l80e o.s I'm using has a shift lock parameter that is an enable or disable feature. I'm aware the thread specified 4l60e but I just wanted to put that out there. I would say keeping the converter locked during WOT shifts or locking it while WOT is whats going to impact longevity.

If your meaning during part throttle driving then go ahead and see how you like it locking in second. Just be reasonable about it. Maybe stick with a minimum lockup speed around 25mph or so.
    97 ext cab short bed silverado 5.7 411 swap, edelbrock 29135 intake, lightly ported 906 heads milled .035 thou. factory press in rocker studs & rockers, comp 787 retainers & stock locks, ls6 springs. Comp cams 08-503-8 T56 swap

86 SWB crate vortec 5.7/th350 The wife's truck

Advanced Tuner
    5.7/4L60E Express van tune I started with locked in 2nd at WOT and upshifted with a locked converter.