Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scanner Stopping after a few seconds

again the results are the same with 2 diff laptops I have an ACER NITRO 5 7th Gen i5 7300hq 8gb ddr4 2400 and 256ssd Nvida GTX 1050
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 03-27-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Well to isolate it further, you need to either use your interface on the other working laptop, or, if possible, use someone elses interface on your laptop.

It could be a loose cable or failing OBD or USB cable. It's less likely it's the interface itself, but it is possible. Typically when the interface fails, it will not work at all. What your describing does not point to the interface.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Its not about the pro, your processor/ram needs to be able to keep up. Simple test, just log rpm, if it works for more than a couple of seconds thats your issue.
    2018-03-31 (1).png2018-03-31 (2).jpg

That really doesn't say much.

Task Manager -> More details would give you a list of cpu % by application. That's what you're interested in.

Advanced Tuner
    In the past eight or nine years of owning an interface I have replaced the USB cable several times and the CAN / OBD side cable once. Now I just keep a spare USB cable with me. I can tell you from experience odd stuff happens when one of those two cables go bad.
    I build stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    In the past eight or nine years of owning an interface I have replaced the USB cable several times and the CAN / OBD side cable once. Now I just keep a spare USB cable with me. I can tell you from experience odd stuff happens when one of those two cables go bad.
    If this wasn't brand new I would understand........... I have scanned multiple vehicles and it just crashes

I have scanned multiple vehicles freezes every time!!!!!!!!!! on 1 channel !!!!!
    The only think i have not replaced is the obd2 cable and ill be damed if im buying one i just bought this 650 down the drain no support horrible customer service
    yeah im pretty disapointed getting the old royal ((((email)))) runaround
    thanks guys thanks alot!!!!!!!! Emailed support and no reply!

Over a month and nothing is resolved!

I can (borrow) sadly 2 other interfaces and they work perfectly but nooooooo it my computer and my car and my usb cable etc etc etc....
    How can you diag anything over email tackey and unprofesional

Hello MustangKiller,

If you've already opened a ticket with support, could you please provide the ticket number and we will look into this as soon as possible. If not please send us an email at [email protected] and we will look into this.

Has anyone Seen this before laaging and stops no matter how many channels
    Screenshot (5).png
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 05-08-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Well..... looks like my processor is too small and there is not enough ram.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You still have a ton of channels in your first screenshot.

Because you're the only one that's having this problem, we need to isolate it further. What is unique in your setup that causes this?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    You still have a ton of channels in your first screenshot.

Because you're the only one that's having this problem, we need to isolate it further. What is unique in your setup that causes this?
    Nothing is Unique Keith its just a 2013 Camaro ss I was previously borrowing another interface and it was working flawlessly. My issue started the moment I Purchased this Suite From Ed @ GM Hitech. As soon as I received this from ups installed it on MULTIPLE computers I have had this issue. I have since borrowed and interface and that interface worked. I now donot have access to another. I have been without and interface now for some time. It also seems that when someone has an issue like mine its like pulling teeth to get help I work 8to 12 lunch 12 to 5pm Are you going too remote in after 5? How and when can we resolve this ? I have owned this for over 3 months now Keith. Do you think this is fair to me ? I could never get away with treating my customers like that. Corey has my cell and I can answer after 5pm est

If you've isolated it to your specific interface, you may need to send in your interface for repair/replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    If you've isolated it to your specific interface, you may need to send in your interface for repair/replacement.
    Already did that Corey sent it back....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    what is your ticket number/rma number?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangKiller View Post
    RMA:12990 Purchased Jan 12, 2018 @ 9:48:55 pm EST From http://hitechtuning.com/
    all of our current RMA's are 6 digits, this is not a valid number^.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    all of our current RMA's are 6 digits, this is not a valid number^.
    my mistake 122990
    RMA:122990 Purchased Jan 12, 2018 @ 9:48:55 pm EST From http://hitechtuning.com/
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 05-09-2018 at 07:47 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Problem was we weren't able to recreate the issue here, if we can't recreate and the interface works fine for us it means there is an issue with your setup, either a vehicle issue or laptop issue.

I would be fine with that answer if I had not been was using 2 older pro interfaces that were working perfectly Bill prior too getting this one . My issue did not start until I purchased this unit. I have one hundred percent ruled out Multiple Laptops and What is your answer as to why there is 2 other interfaces that work perfectly on my car? Sadly I do not have access to them anymore.

we are completely sold out of our MPVI Professional interfaces. Unfortunately we are not taking backorders and do not have an ETA on stock replenishment, however we still have MPVI Standard devices in stock and they are available now on our webstore here..... I am also Aware of the up and coming changes being made ....also I am seeing customers having issues and they are not being resolve. Why?
    Last edited by MustangKiller; 05-09-2018 at 10:30 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Their issues have nothing to do with your issue. I would suspect if you could get your hands on one of those other interfaces you had access to you will likely have issues with them as well, as we were unable to recreate any of your issues here using your interface that you sent into us.