Thread: L&M Intake Cams 2011 Mustang

L&M Intake Cams 2011 Mustang

Has anybody tuned the intake cam events against the L&M Intake cams? I'm going to be purchasing them in a few weeks and bracket tuning them. I don't believe I need to do anything special beyond the bracketing since you have the full sweep for these?

Advanced Tuner
    I am curious about this as well. Im probably going to be getting a set soon.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    never used them, but are there any phase limiter with it. if not limit the angle opening of the valve
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

The intake only cams are designed to work across the entire VCT range. So no limiters are needed. My instinct tells me that since these cams have more duration, that in the middle and high RPM ranges you can advance a little more on the IVO than what is optimal on the stock cams since you do have more duration. So as an example, if 15 degrees of advance is optimal at 7,000 RPM for IVO on stock cams, than maybe 20 might be optimal with the higher duration?

I understand that I need to actually to test to confirm real world results, but am looking to make sure I understand the theory correctly.