Thread: 4L80 won't downshift at highway speeds

Tuner in Training

4L80 won't downshift at highway speeds

There has to be something I'm missing. Once it hits 50mph it won't downshift.

It is a swap into a 72 k15.

ON the log from 1409 to 1411 I cycle the throttle to wot and it stays in 4th. If I pull the shifter back into drive it won't downshift either.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    It has been three days of trying different approaches. The things I've done so far:
    Part throttle shift tables have been moved 20 mph earlier.
    TCC disabled for shift
    TCC disabled completely because maybe?
    TCS stuff in engine TM tab moved one way or the other.
    Moved WOT shift tables down

I've been looking for a segment swap. The changes I make don't seem to do anything other than change low speed and WOT. It just refuses to downshift once its at freeway speeds

From the logs, the ECM isn't ASKING for a down-shift. A lot of your diag stuff is still stock. That's fine if the engine is really stock, if not, they should be setup before you ever hit the street with it. On some older controllers, you can't leave 0121's range (I am NOT talking about 1, 2, 3 error settings, but rather the window for this DTC) stock like that unless the engine REALLY is stock. Some older F-bodies will refuse the downshift like this. If it's not stock, set those up along with the rest of the airflow codes. Go out and see what you get. It commands (and gets) downshifts outside of WOT, so mechanically it's looking ok. Also make sure that all of your "speeds" are correct if you have messed with gear/tire height. You can highway it and command 3rd or 2nd with the scan tool as well to make sure, but in the log posted it's just not asking to change gears.
    Last edited by Frost; 01-30-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com