Thread: hellcat knock retard log...

hellcat knock retard log...

so i did a log and i set all the voltage thresholds for all 8 cyl to 2.2 above 3k
    on the two first wot pulls it pulls timing but voltage stays under what the knock sensors are set at. can anyone tell me why?
    also i feel since you can adjust the gain on each cyl ks then surely you should be able to log individual cyl knock??? ford has it, they set it up the same way for the most part so i think the hellcat would have it given they have individual gain per cyl???
    now the spark and fa are set very conservative so why does it have kr??

18-01-15 23-34-36.hpl
    GOD HELP US ALL....

No input? I just dont understand if esp is shut off and ks isnt past the threshold voltage annnd its not like its burst knock retard like when you snap the throttle. It happens well after your at wot and typically at 3900-4300 rpms.
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Short term KR relates to anything being retarded from the ECU. Could be IAT, ECT, DD, Torque Limit. Your knock sensors still look in the safe zone. Even if you desensitize the sensors, they will read what factory is set to but the ecu takes account the settings you've changed as the limit.

Try getting rid of your Cold and Hot Spark retard and see what happens.
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 01-27-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mep_q8 View Post
    Short term KR relates to anything being retarded from the ECU. Could be IAT, ECT, DD, Torque Limit. Your knock sensors still look in the safe zone. Even if you desensitize the sensors, they will read what factory is set to but the ecu takes account the settings you've changed as the limit.

Try getting rid of your Cold and Hot Spark retard and see what happens.

i see it as fuel knock retard normally. maybe theres some table for inferred octane retard thats mia? ford has something like that. it would be nice if there was a spark source pi to show what source its using at all times so if it was tq control, or iat, ect vs just showing knock retard with no other insight as to the source of the knock retard
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Pullied cats are noisy AF. What fuel are you running? The iat timing stuff is "IAT Advance". I get to see this joy when its warm out and I hit 160 IAT at the drag strip on the back end and its pulling 3 degrees by then. It doesn't register on the knock stuff also.