Thread: License and year PCM questions

Tuner in Training

License and year PCM questions

I bought a 2002 suburban with a bad PCM i have unlimited/ year for models 2001 when i purchased for my silverado years ago.
    I have an extra PCM for a 2001... would i need an extra license for that or can i flash it to work? I do have tech2 and MDI to flash anything from dealership with original files. just looking at options if needed to buy license or not?

If the PCM is a Silverado PCM, then you should be able to license it without any credits because you have the 2001 year unlocked for Silverado's. If the 2001 computer you have is from a Suburban you have to pay for credits to unlock it because the year/model is from a different vehicle.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I believe it to be and what the supported vehicle list says.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes but do you really think an 01 file in an 02 suburban will work out? likelyhood is minimal IMO. Also he wouldn't be able to stick an 02 suburban in into the 01 ecm without the correct licensing and many states require the correct vin for emissions.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I would not think anything severe would come about from an 01 silv pcm in a 02 burb. Worse case you'd just need to use the oem 02 pcm in the respective vehicle.
    Only one way to find out.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.