Thread: Cold start fueling

Cold start fueling

Ok with it getting colder out my Blazer runs like crap till it gets warmed up. It starts fine and will idle all day long, but try to give it a little throttle and take off it cuts out and wants to die. Almost like its getting way to much fuel.

If its above 50 or so outside it runs great. never had any problems with it during the summer.

Just not sure which table to adjust for cold start fueling
    2001 Jimmy ,L31 with marine intake,CPC conversion,Nv3500 5 speed,SAS,Dana 44's front and rear,4.30 gears..

Tuner in Training Bigblock406ta's Avatar
    It?s more likely it?s too lean. It would have to be really really rich to cut out I would look at ECT v VE modifier and add a little at a time till it runs good in the affected area. This will take some time to do as it worms up you will have to let it cool down. To test. Try putting a house fan on to of the motor to quicken up the proses of letting it get cold agen. That the only way I know there are smarter peps on here them me that have a better way. Good luck hope that helped

It acts more like its rich. When it acts up,you can smell gas out the exhaust.
    2001 Jimmy ,L31 with marine intake,CPC conversion,Nv3500 5 speed,SAS,Dana 44's front and rear,4.30 gears..

It acts more like its rich. When it acts up,you can smell gas out the exhaust. And its blows some smoke.

A log file might help.

Also a wideband could confirm the lean/rich debate if you had one laying around.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I have a wideband hooked up all the time. I really dont know what to log.

What's the wideband reading when it starts up?

Is it way low in the 9-10's or way lean in the 16-17's for AFR?

Log all the basics. Intake air temp, coolant temp, rpm, map kpa, maf sensor, o2 sensors, fuel trims, injector pulse width, commanded afr, ignition timing and all that kind of stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Just went out and started it. According to the wideband it is going rich. When it acts up it goes down to 10. My wideband only goes down to 10 so its prob even richer.