Thread: E38 WOT open loop bank to bank injector difference

E38 WOT open loop bank to bank injector difference

not sure i've seen this before. this is a 6L with a rebuilt LSA blower on it.

when it goes PE during WOT, until 4000 rpm, the injector banks are doing different ms open times. as much as 1.6ms apart. then at 4000, they're the same. trims show nothing. this isn't the maf only switch at 4000 rpm because i've set that to 2000 rpm.

1.6ms on a 65 pound injector is a decent difference.

any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

What if you fixed the 20-27% rich condition before you went into PE, wouldn't that be something you want to address first?

Those fuels trims are yanking fuel like mad then open loop/PE happens, so fuel trims will do nothing there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    It almost looks like you have a misfire on bank 1 - even with the added pulse width, bank 1's O2 still drops below 900mv regularly... Usually when it will lean a bank out vs the other bank during PE, the torque model has been altered incorrectly and causes problems - only time I've seen that...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

yes, i think there is something mechanical going on. the injectors are no name. he says he saw them flowed on the machine before he bought them but...

other thing leads me to that is the exhaust is dual, but no crossover so i can measure each bank. to make this even better, b2 is a full 2 afr richer than b1 which is the bank getting more fuel according to the datalog! injectors are going to a different place to be checked, he's going to pull all the plugs and send me photos as well as do a compression test since they're out.

fuel is using the corvette fpr/filter positioned right by the tank and single line forward to a T on b2 rail. the T then goes off to b1 rail and the b1 rail has a pressure gauge on it. it holds pressure the whole time as well. he's going to redo it to a Y feeding both rails just to make sure.

more than anything, i wanted to know why or how the ecu was doing different fueling up until 4k. maf table is stock truck, injectors are just scaled up, not touched a torque model table. what's there is 95% gm.

the 25% fuel trim i agree, but i was at first monitoring the b1 fuel which was 2 afr leaner than b2. but going wot required the injector ms jump you see when it goes PE, so i was initially thinking i don't want to take more out of non-pe because i'm just going to have to add it back in PE. then i tested b2. then everything went out the window and it just became let's see if anyone has seen this WOT PE injector differential before. any other ideas for just that, please add....
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-01-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Potential Tuner
    1st things 1st. You absolutely need to deal with your crazy fuel trims before doing anything else. You are pulling out 26% fuel and still running rich just before you go into PE.

The Inj Duty Cycle confirms user 5FDP's post suggestion you sort out your VE's.

Duty cycle jumps from 26%@2750rpm to 38.3% just 120rpm higher as you go into full PE. This equates to roughly adding another 45-50% fuel to an already rich mixture.

there is only one maf and one ve table (set). so going back to the original question, why is it doing different injector open times for each bank in OL and PE. i don't see an option to do stft in open loop and those trims show zero.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    there is only one maf and one ve table (set). so going back to the original question, why is it doing different injector open times for each bank in OL and PE. i don't see an option to do stft in open loop and those trims show zero.
    Same problem here.
    Inj mS is different bank to bank at WOT. 2007 silverado basic mods.
    Any solutions out there? Been hitting my head on a wall for 2 weeks!

Tried a different ECU with same tune - no change.
    Turned all O2 sensors off - no change.
    Speed Density tune - still no go.
    Last edited by MoBoost; 12-08-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Flashed with GM cable and vin. Cold start. What in the world?????start.jpg

FYI - it was corrupted T42!
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nd-Slow-Shifts

Turning off ISS totally pisses it off.

Setting the codes to No Mil lets you get away with it.
    Last edited by MoBoost; 12-09-2021 at 05:18 PM.

what is ISS? i wish people would spell out the whole abbreviation at least once so you could know....
    so the transmission was causing this???
    i never had resolution....

Senior Tuner
    Input speed sensor. I'm also scratching my head how a ISS fault will cause bank to bank difference. Random stuff these cars sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    what is ISS? i wish people would spell out the whole abbreviation at least once so you could know....
    so the transmission was causing this???
    i never had resolution....
    Input Shaft Sensor. Older 4L60e didn't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    Input speed sensor. I'm also scratching my head how a ISS fault will cause bank to bank difference. Random stuff these cars sometimes.
    Some sort torque management goofery.