Thread: Pro Tip: Anticipated shifts for A6 Coyote Mustangs

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Pro Tip: Anticipated shifts for A6 Coyote Mustangs

I would recommend not disabling this unless you like banging against the rev limiter when in manual shift mode. Because of how slow the manual shifter reacts the ecm/trans just have a hard time keeping up. In Regular drive & Sport mode(non manual) it works great but as soon as you take over shifting if you get even close to where its supposed to shift it likely won't and there is a good chance bad things will happen, I've tested it pretty throughly and while it helps me shift at a higher rpm pretty easily while in sport mode it makes manual mode pointless for the most part.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I would recommend not disabling this unless you like banging against the rev limiter when in manual shift mode. Because of how slow the manual shifter reacts the ecm/trans just have a hard time keeping up. In Regular drive & Sport mode(non manual) it works great but as soon as you take over shifting if you get even close to where its supposed to shift it likely won't and there is a good chance bad things will happen, I've tested it pretty throughly and while it helps me shift at a higher rpm pretty easily while in sport mode it makes manual mode pointless for the most part.
    This is working as designed.

You don't command the shift at the shift point, you command it before so it has time to complete. If you don't know what that time to shift is to complete then you are going to command it late and hit the limiter which is not desired.

When I want FULL control of where I want a car to shift, anticipated is always disabled and I command the shift at the point before where I think it will complete. For example:

1-2 - 6.350 to complete by 7,800
    2-3 - 7,300 to complete by 8,000
    3-4 - 7,800 to complete by 8,000

Effective gear ration and acceleration rate all determine when to command the shift manually.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    lol, yeah a 1500 rpm headstart ie stupid/slow system.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    So it looks like the pcm doesn't have complete control of shift firmness/time. Maybe some mechanical mods are in order to allow the transmission to shift immediately after the pcm commands. Anyone make a shift kit for these?