Thread: How do you tune a brand new E67 PCM?

Tuner in Training

How do you tune a brand new E67 PCM?

I just ordered a new E67 PCM (ACDelco 12612384 to replace my defective PCM which was part of a GM engine management kit 19354332 for a LS swap. I do have the hpt tune file of my old PCM, what is the best way to upload it to the new PCM using the HP Tuners? do I need to use the write entire? or I just need to copy/paste all the different parameters?

Is it a new computer but with nothing on it yet, like you haven't taken it anywhere to get flashed?

If it is a brand new blank computer a dealership would need to flash a new calibration to it. Past that you can read the new file, license it and copy over data that you want from your old tune file, if you wish too.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 11-24-2017 at 08:49 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamaro View Post
    I just ordered a new E67 PCM (ACDelco 12612384 to replace my defective PCM which was part of a GM engine management kit 19354332 for a LS swap. I do have the hpt tune file of my old PCM, what is the best way to upload it to the new PCM using the HP Tuners? do I need to use the write entire? or I just need to copy/paste all the different parameters?
    The 12612384 part number is for an E38 ECM - not for an E67 ECM.

Either way (E38 or E67) a "new" ECM will need to be first programmed with a Tech 2 / MDI / ect. - before you can then use tuning software to make changes.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info, I just purchased one from ebay that will be already flashed with the VIN and tune. I sent the new one back to Amazon.