Thread: Can?t open operating system

Can?t open operating system

So I am swapping a customers 08 5.3 for an 08 ly6 and I wanted to use the pcm from the donor so I wouldn?t have to mess with deleting the DOD the ly6 doesn?t have but I can?t delete the Vatts 😫. I?ve watched videos but I don?t have drop downs next to my tabs like engine, system, transmissions ect and when I click on ?OS? I just get a black screen and I?ve noticed this before even though the videos show that this is where I need to go to delete the Vatts and I?m betting that?s how I delete the DOD.... as some of you know I?ve been using EFI Live for the past decade plus and could do this easily with that but I?m struggling with the change!! Can anyone please give me some insight into what I might have going on? I also get errors if I try change to change the vin or relearn the Vatts.... thank you very much in advance!!
    Last edited by Studer Tune; 11-23-2017 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Typo

If the OS tab is blank, you aren't in advanced view.

Edit > view > advanced. You will have to write entire to apply the change if the VATS systems are in the OS tab.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you so much for the reply!! I will try that tomorrow! 🙏🙏🙏

That's the most common thing for not being able to see anything in the OS tab.

I should have read your post closer the first time but I think you are going to run into a big snag here. The LY6 computer controls a 6L90e in those 6.0 trucks where as the 2008 5.3 computer is still only controlling a 4L60e transmission. I do not think it's even possible to make the 6.0 computer control that and the TCM inside the 4L60e will not even talk with the 6.0 computer anyway.

It's much faster to just disable the DoD/AFM system in the 5.3 computer, change the parameters required in the calibration to match those of the 6.0 and tune the rest from there.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I couldn?t wait till tomorrow lol but that did allow my to open the OS tab and disable the Vatts so thank you so much! Do you think that?s why I also couldn?t change the vin or reset the Vatts? I really didn?t wanna have to run the old pcm because I don?t see an easy way to shut off the DOD with HP

The DoD/AFM disable is one setting.

Engine > Fuel > COT/Lean cruise > DoD enable/disable.

Sorry I think you were replying when I was replying. This truck does not have the six speed it is still a 4L 65E transmission. I made sure that the operating systems and part numbers were the same on both PCM?s so there is no issue there I just don?t see a simple way to shut off the AFM/DoD and I have already licensed both PCM?s unfortunately and it made me buy credits for the TCM twice

Thank you for that very much! That option was not there either until I switch to advanced for some reason I can?t thank you enough for the help!!

As far as the transmission stuff, the OS may be the same on the computer but if you look at the tables on each computer they are worlds different.

The 5.3 computer is going to have like 1/5th the settings of the 6.0 computer with a 6 speed transmission. Kinda stinks that credits were already spent but keeping the original 5.3 computer is the better option.

Right that would probably be true but this pcm came out of a 4l80 van👌

Must be one of the last years they still did that with the 4L80's, I forget which year it was the change to 6 speeds. Maybe 09ish then. All the Ly6 NNBS trucks were 6L90e lol.

Yeah I?m not sure what year but it also might have been different since it came out of a van too I?m not sure... you helped me out so much just with how to get into the advanced view to be honest though! I?ve been feeling like I couldn?t do half of what I could with EFI all this time lol I feel stupid now
    Last edited by Studer Tune; 11-24-2017 at 12:36 AM.