Thread: having some issue with wanting to die or idle super low

Tuner in Training

having some issue with wanting to die or idle super low

idle sometimes comes down super low to almost dieing at stop signs any ideas what may be causing this? have a couple logs and my tunelog 1.hpllog2.hplburb tune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I noticed one thing you have some knock problems. I also noticed when your idle dropped in the beginning your spark dropped big time. I would check all your spark tables in the area where you have the problem.

Tuner in Training
    could that be caused by a faulty knock sensor?

3d view is your friend. 3d view with some common sense applied to shaping can find you to a good tune each and every time. In the areas you are making noise, look at your ve table and the crazy slope it takes at that kpa and rpm. ve doesn't work like that. it usually increases steadily or somewhat steadily until just before peak output and it tapers off. This same principal applies to ignition timing. on your main spark table you drop timing on your way to full load and then it comes back up for wot. This is so wrong. Ignition timing doesn't work that way. And if we just looked at these maps in 3d view we would see this plain as day. Also I challenge you to look at both your target idle speed and your base running idle airflow tables side by side in 2d chart view and tell me why they look so different. They should maybe not be exact but they should be close to each other. This makes the ecu have to learn different airflow trim values for different temps and this creates instability.

And I agree with above about a fault with the kr sensor because of how high it pegs and then drops out. You might have a chaffed wire touching ground

Doubtful at this point. The airflow model is so far off that it going to contribute to a ton of your problems. Those fuel trims are all over the place, at times over 25% positive. For sure timing is way too high for WOT in a 6.0 with a LS1 cam. Try 22-24 degrees instead of 28 but first fix the airflow model. Tons of information on there on tuning the VE and MAF curve.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.