Thread: TURBO 04 colorado SS

TURBO 04 colorado SS

Alright so ive got an 2004 colorado 3.5l auto (4l60e) with a 62/61 turbo twin tial 38mm MVS. set at 9lbs. 2bar map, 60lb injectors, 450lph in tank. I still have the stock maf. Issue is will i run out of range on my maf, standard 5pin gm maf. I HAVE NOT started any tuning or flash of the pcm yet. currently on my widewand normal driving. I do drive this everyday. it reads pretty well good afr. into the 3psi range the truck freaks out, reduced power mode, main question can i use a maf out of another vehicle that can measure more air flow, or is it worth the effort to drop the maf and go SD?
    LSZX,TURBORADO

Quote Originally Posted by FJR22 View Post
    Alright so ive got an 2004 colorado 3.5l auto (4l60e) with a 62/61 turbo twin tial 38mm MVS. set at 9lbs. 2bar map, 60lb injectors, 450lph in tank. I still have the stock maf. Issue is will i run out of range on my maf, standard 5pin gm maf. I HAVE NOT started any tuning or flash of the pcm yet. currently on my widewand normal driving. I do drive this everyday. it reads pretty well good afr. into the 3psi range the truck freaks out, reduced power mode, main question can i use a maf out of another vehicle that can measure more air flow, or is it worth the effort to drop the maf and go SD?
    I haven't done it myself, but yes I have read changing the MAF sensor is an option (we hope someone with xp will confirm or deny). Will need to update the MAF calibration with the same specs as the vehicle it is for, I assume from the tuning repository. Otherwise you may want to look into SD with a 2-3 bar map sensor upgrade.

Thinking outside of the box, maybe increase the diameter of the tube where the MAF is sitting in to reduce air velocity (and reduce the hot wire sensor cooling) and trick your stock MAF.
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T