Thread: quick info on nnbs turbo

quick info on nnbs turbo

I have not logged in for quite a while which should be a testimony to how amazing this forum is. I have a 2003 6.0 turbo silverado that has been so rock solid that i havent touched it in years. could somebody give me the bullet points on tuning for a nnbs truck. i have done some quick peeks and saw some virtual ve things and some info about the new maf being capable of moderate boost.any info for this old guy?
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

The same basic still all apply for tuning the turbo like on your GEN 3 truck.

The VVE can be found under the edit tab with the 3.6 software, you can change the axis to support up to 3 BAR without the need to upgrade to a 2 bar OS. Many vehicles/OS's do not have the 2 bar OS upgrade anyway. You'll have to create or "extend" the VVE past 105kpa as it will drop off because the OS wasn't designed for it on a NA application. Not that it's hard to just continue the table with like numbers.

The MAF depends on year. The 07-08 (maybe 2009) NNBS trucks still have a MAF with attached housing that limits airflow to a certain point. If you have a card style MAF you can go very far airflow/horsepower wise with the MAF because you can just put the MAF in a larger diameter tube to re-scale the MAF.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

thanks so much . just the heads up i was looking for.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro