Thread: LNF Pedal vs Desired Torque Modification

Potential Tuner

LNF Pedal vs Desired Torque Modification

Hello,

I have a custom-built hot rod with an LNF. I have had the LNF tuned by ZZP to account for the custom intake/exhaust/ect. Car has performed very well on the race track, but driving it on the street I have noticed a significantly over-gained pedal when driving low speed/low pedal. I have dug through the available calibrations and cannot find a pedal/desired engine torque map that i can change to help lower desired torque in this high power-to-weight vehicle. Any idea how to fix this without simply lowering max torque vs engine RPM? Would like to only change 1st gear at <30% pedal.

IMG-0930.jpg

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    New computer has tps maps the one you have has desired air load and optimum trq. You have to request less air in the range you wish to desensitize and/or lower the optimum trq sensitivity

Advanced Tuner
    As CSSOB said above, look into the torque modeling tables that all work together - desired air load, optimum torque table, optimum spark table(s), max air load torque table. There are others but this should get you on the right track initially. Understand, you cannot just simply make changes to one and expect it to be 100% good to go.

This is a great starter to help you visualize how everything works together -
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20339

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    we won't be adding the pedal to torque mapping unless it becomes necessary, it is not a "limiter" as such. I've never seen a calibration where 100% pedal wasn't 100% torque.
    I do believe this would be a nice thing to have but as you can see, I don't believe HPT will allow access to it. So you will need to work around it with the other tables that would be part of the overall calculation
    Last edited by T-Man; 10-27-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the info guys. I've review the link you provided before posting here. Really seems like you need that missing table to be able to bracket the change that i am requesting.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    As CSSOB said above, look into the torque modeling tables that all work together - desired air load, optimum torque table, optimum spark table(s), max air load torque table. There are others but this should get you on the right track initially. Understand, you cannot just simply make changes to one and expect it to be 100% good to go.
    When i go into the LNF calibration under "Engine" and under "airflow" i only have 4 calibrations available: "Map sensor linear," "MAP sensor offset," "MAF Airflow vs frequency," and "MAF correction."

I do not see anything for "desired air load" or "optimum torque table" under any of the headings. The calibrations available seem very limited. Am i missing something?

Thanks!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    try checking the editor view mode to see if your in standard view. if you are then it needs to be switched to advanced to show all the tables.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman