Thread: Can anyone share his LSA+LS9 cam tune file?

Tuner in Training

Can anyone share his LSA+LS9 cam tune file?

I'm swapping in a stock LSA engine with LS9 camshaft and a LT headers. I don't have any local tuner in my area so I need to at least get it started and be safe to drive. I searched all around the tune repository and found nothing. Can anyone share his tune file?

Thanks,,,

Tuner
    LS9 cam runs fine on the stock tune. The only biggest difference between the two cams is .078/.072 lift. Hardly any difference imo. Safe to drive but could benefit from tuning since you have headers.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    LS9 cam runs fine on the stock tune. The only biggest difference between the two cams is .078/.072 lift. Hardly any difference imo. Safe to drive but could benefit from tuning since you have headers.
    The difference is vast :

LSA :
    198/216 0.480"/0.480"

LS9 :
    211/230 0.562"/0.558"

Thats why I guess it really needs a new tune.

Tuner
    No. Not a vast difference. A lot of the CTSV have guys run this cam specifically for not having to tune the car and keep them under warranty. The dealers will never detect it. It even sounds stock.

P.S. Nobody here is going to share their LS9 cammed LSA tune with you. That's not really what this forum is for.
    Last edited by ABADZL1; 10-25-2017 at 12:34 PM.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    No. Not a vast difference. A lot of the CTSV have guys run this cam specifically for not having to tune the car and keep them under warranty. The dealers will never detect it. It even sounds stock.

P.S. Nobody here is going to share their LS9 cammed LSA tune with you. That's not really what this forum is for.
    Of course I'm not here to argue, but I thought since there is a tune repository here where alot of people shared their tune, then why not asking for a specific tune file?

Thanks for your responses anyway.

Advanced Tuner
    Start with a zr1 tune if you're worried about the cam difference.

Tuner in Training
    If it is a stock LSA engine using a stock 09+ CTS V tune will get you 90% of the way there. You could use the stock ZR1 tune file but I think the LSA will be a better starting point for the LSA motor even with the LS9 cam. Given the ZR1 has a few mechanical differences their tune is a little more aggressive than a stock V tune.

There are a ton of stock CTS V tunes in the repository.

Tuner in Training
    If you are concerned about dialing in the cam yourself I would refer to all the idle airflow tables of the ZR1 and use those, assuming the axis are the same, which they should be if they are both in stock form. Between those two stock tunes you should be able to get her dialed in pretty darn close before she even hits the streets.

Tuning Addict
    Personally I would start with you stock ZL1 tune and be ready to add a touch of timing to it... ZR1 had completely different internals and more importantly - different blower... Even idle tables - use stock ZL1 and go from there...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    LSA ZL1 tune file. Make sure you don't accidentally grab a LT4 ZL1 tune!

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Personally I would start with you stock ZL1 tune and be ready to add a touch of timing to it... ZR1 had completely different internals and more importantly - different blower... Even idle tables - use stock ZL1 and go from there...