Thread: Logging oil pressure with 0411

Question Logging oil pressure with 0411

Is there anywhere in the software I can enable logging of the oil pressure sensor? Buddy put an LS1 in a 64 Nova and is wanting to use a tablet type device for gauges / logging. He's got a new sensor, verified voltages @ the ECM, but cannot get the ECM to "see" the sensor. The base tune is from an 00 Corvette.

I've seen where you can access this area with EFI Live, but have yet to see anything in HPT? Running the ver 3.6.
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

Not that I am aware off with those old computers. They always read negative values in the channel display.

The much newer computers have oil pressure you can read.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if you can segment swap to get it?
    *Jeff*
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

Segment swapping would only work with another P01 computer.

Using the segment swap feature to transfer stuff from a P59 or E38/E67/E40 etc etc would not work as they are completely different operating systems. It wouldn't even allow it because of the OS differences and if it did something would go wrong and ruin something.

An aftermarket gauge is your best best or if you have the PRO interface you could wire a oil pressure sensor into the MPVI while you are logging.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the input. For now I just told him to wire it into the EGR sensor and log the voltage. I found where someone mapped the voltage to pressure so it'd be easy to watch it that way.
    *Jeff*

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone ever messed with the "System Options" table under System -> General? There's a column for oil pressure there, 0 or 1 based on whether its fitted or not. I'd set it to 1 under your platform and try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by AK49BWL View Post
    Has anyone ever messed with the "System Options" table under System -> General? There's a column for oil pressure there, 0 or 1 based on whether its fitted or not. I'd set it to 1 under your platform and try it again.
    Man I completely blew over that section! Thanks for the heads up!

It's set to 1 in his tune so he should be seeing it? I'll have hands and cable on it next weekend, will update with findings.

Potential Tuner
    Not sure if it really makes a difference... My dad's got a 2003 Silverado with a P59 PCM that shows the oil pressure properly on the scan log, but the System Options table has oil pressure zeroed. Sooo, Idk. I've seen some posts where it's said they were able to get a drive-by-cable TPS and IAC working by setting ETC to 0 on a P01 PCM, figured it might make a difference lol. It may be something in the OS that can't be changed (or the setting to change it hasn't been added by HPT) without a full write from a tune that already has it, like switching between coil-over-plug vs distributors.