Thread: help with turbo 2012 avalanche please!!! desperately need some input

help with turbo 2012 avalanche please!!! desperately need some input

Hey guys. I have a 2012 avalanche with a 5.3 with a single 76mm turbo I'm trying to tune. It's speed density with 80lb injectors. Ive done plenty of earlier turbo trucks but this tune is a different setup then the 99-06 trucks. when I do the 2 bar speed density patch, do I enable the speed density air mode patch and the manifold vacuum boost patch? I need a refresher on the proper way to convert this tune to speed density.

Also, if I remember correctly, these computers have a hard limit for the injectors so it's harder to scale it for 80s?

I'm really stuck guys so if anyone can give me their help for a few minutes and help me get a start on this, I would sure appreciate it

also, I'm using a 2013 cts-v map sensor. I think that's a 2 bar?

The injector limit on a 2012 is like 127lb/hr, you will have zero trouble putting in the correct data for 80lb/hr injectors.

Not sure on the patch enables but you will have to fail the MAF correctly and create your 3 new VE tables that will now be blank.

Also the CTS-V map sensor is 3 bar, make sure you have the right settings for it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

You will want to go ahead and apply those patches along with the 2 bar speed density os. You will need to populate the VE tables. they will be filled with unusable numbers.
    You will also need to fail the maf in the diagnostic tab..
    Don't forget to put the proper values in the tune for the map sensor you are using.
    Do a write entire on the file for the first time.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I think I have lost my tuning ability. I cant find the ve table on this tune to even start to work on if I fail the Maf. What tabs should I be looking under? I feel like an infant learning how to walk. this tune has me at my whits end

When you don't post a file, it's hard to show you what VE to work with.

If there are 3 VE tables that say like IMRC open, IMRC closed and VE DOD, those become blank with a 2 bar OS and you create the new VE tables from there. Make all 3 tables match.

If using the standard OS you click edit, virtual VE editor and change the left axis to support 2 or 3 bar, then create the VVE for boost.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Can I use the cts-v map sensor and still use the standard os?

Yes.

I think I will try setting it up without the 2 bar os just to make sure everything is ok with the build and to see that it atleast runs. Time to dive in and try it I guess. thanks for all your help so far

Here is where I'm a little lost when I change the manifold absolute pressure axis on the vve table, the table gets all distorted with negative numbers and such. How do I begin to build a table with usable numbers in this table. can I copy it from somewhere else?

Here is a copy of my VE that I am working on, not sure if it will even get you close but I figured you could at least try. I also have a turbo 5.3 in a 2011 GMC. Now I do have CNC heads and a texas speed cam with 105LB injectors and a return style fuel system but I figured it would be closer than what you have now. Mine VE is only tuned up to 3600 rpm and 105 KPA.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have a very good start on it thanks to Chris and all his help. The one thing I'm fighting is hot start. It will light off for half a second and shut down. If I touch the pedal it will stay running and after 5 seconds, will idle on its own. Fuel trims are under 8% and cold start is pretty good. It just seems to be the hot start. I've played with timing and cranking fuel. anyone else have an issue like this. it has a brian tooley stage 2 cam with the on 3 turbo kit

Give it some more startup airflow in the hotter coolant temps, same as reducing the cranking fuel a touch. Normally cleaning up the VE tables at the 100 KPA area will go a long ways to fixing startup stuff too.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.