Thread: Disable Ve and MAF only? VMP 2015 5.0

Disable Ve and MAF only? VMP 2015 5.0

I was having issues tuning maf using fuel trims because it would not richen up the fuel like i was trying. I disabled CYLair Filter and now have my afr dialed in but at idle it sometimes dies and studders when blipping the throttle. Fuel source shows Stoich and EQ ratio desired shows like .87 and throws fuel trims way off. wtf?

Senior Tuner
    Make sure the bottom of the MAF curve is dialed in and and maybe even edit the axis to get a couple more points on the idle area of you have a big jump and can't seem to get it.

My question is why is desired eq not 1.0 when fuel source is stoich?

Senior Tuner
    This ECU will command a richer or leaner EQ and not only use fuel trims as corrections. Positive fuel trims and you'll typically see it start commanding richer

My would it command a .86 at idle?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYote View Post
    My would it command a .86 at idle?
    Post your tune and we will be able to tell you, there is a table that sets the commanded lambda, you may have put .86 in that table for idle, forcing it to idle rich....I only do this on cold starts, but never that rich, usually .95 if the car is on E85

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post a datalog of the issue occuring as well? I dont see anything wrong in your base table, so stoich should be 1, not .86. You can also give yourself more resolution at the lower end of MAF period to help with idle trims a bit.

Another thing is you only have Map 14 and 15 enabled, these maps have angles 0,0(14) and 30,0(15), normally with IMRCs deleted the s550's I have tuned will idle using Map 15/16, and cam angles will be -40, 0 and will be 0,0 during decel. So if you could posta log of the issue happening we can look into it more, it could be related to cam angles used during decel since you only have 2 maps enabled we need to which one it's defaulting too for decel, which is when you said it stumbles(rev up and let it decel down after)

I will get 1

Tuner
    I have the same issue when I turn off cylinder air filter. Car won't idle and very rich. Hope you solve problem, I gave up and enabled it again

How are you getting wot dialed in with it on?

Its commanding what it needs to actually hit the 1.0 if its commanding .85 your maf is off 15%~
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Wben i data logg it shows the commanded fluctuating. From what i can tell it sounds like its adding 13% in that range. I know the maf periods need rearranged for a vmp auto car. Mine had a bad time breaking up when cracking the throttle. Log the maf periods and see what its really using then rescale.
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYote View Post
    How are you getting wot dialed in with it on?
    Raise your Cylair WOT Multiplier and Cylair Max Multipliers. You can just max them out.