Thread: I need the algorythm that controls spark advance and tard on the Hellcat

I need the algorythm that controls spark advance and tard on the Hellcat

(please remove this thread due to animinity) Does anyone know how to obtain the algorithm that controls the spark advance and tard on the Hellcat. I would take it in any form. Any computer code would be great. I am dealing with KR which seems to be the least of the tard. Cat temp and exhaust temp seems to play a large roll. But having the algorithm would be awesome. Thanks for anyone that can send me in the right direction.
    Last edited by AWEBB; 10-25-2017 at 06:52 AM. Reason: anonymity
    Current project:
    2016 Hellcat Charger over the 200 mph...
    Email: [email protected]

Algorithm? Yea, you unlock the computer and get in the tune and see that IAT's go up, timing goes down, CLT goes up, timing goes down, Torque Delta more than set amount, timing goes down. I mean this whole business of "stock" Hellcat records...what's the difference between doing a tune and trying find and my guess altering CPU calculations?? This ain't no Rubik's cube, seems like a huge waste of time. A car that's had half the interior pulled out isn't "stock" either.

Soooo, what exactly are you looking for then? If you know the “algorithm” then you already know what you have to do, it runs what it runs based on the tune and it’s just not going to do what you want it to from there...you can’t do mods for this achievement and you sure as hell cant make the weather cooler, and fuel, run the best quality fuel possible as the computer gives two shits less what fuel you are running, the PCM has a modeled temp for those, no matter the fuel you beat on it long enough and PCM decides the cats are hot, enriches the fueling. But, the better the fuel, the less the knock sensors are going to tell the PCM to pull timing. This is ultimately how the PCM knows which timing map to look at and use based on knock feedback, and stock they are so sensitive they pull timing from blower and valvetrain noise. The other side of that is good fuel, timing and beating on it calculates cat temps hotter quicker as well. I understand what is you are trying to do, seems crazy because guys complain about tunes that give them another 50-75HP, you are getting paid to...not...tune? Literally every pass is luck of the draw until you make the PCM do what you want.

Advanced Tuner
    The guy that just took the record also did more then remove the interior. He went with lighter front brakes, lightweight battery, removed the exhaust etc. I really don't think that should count as the quickest "Stock" Hellcat but who cares what I think right?
    I do not believe that there is an algorithm. Here's my advice - throw some q16 in it, ice down the intake before a pass, buy a Tazer to switch the IC pump and fans on to get it really cold, raise the shift points in the TCM (no PCM unlock required) and pull as much weight as you can. The wideband will adjust for the oxygenated fuel and you will not get any KR. Weight is horsepower so your customer will have a tough time competing with a car that light that is most likely already doing the items I listed.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

When you look at the cat temp mapping all of the areas are triggering over temp fueling. Can you run a meth injection kit add nitro to it and be done with all this madness. Log when it goes into over temp enrichment and just slam it in on top of it 10 to 20 percent with meth and call it stock lol.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd help him but he seems to be pretty stubborn about following direction and now he's jumping from tuner to tuner to engineer to tuner and really screwing himself up not to mention causing me to second guess offering my help and advice for free as a favor.

That log up there as well as all of the logs he has provided me have way too many fucking channels logged. The sampling rate is terrible. just look at the rpm graph. it's worthless.

I mentioned the cat temp file because although this is one sophisticated ecu it still follows the golden rule kiss "keep it simple stupid". The stupid part is it's mapped out rpm airflow. I think their is a time map too not listed. So it's not directly linked to temp as in it will "pull timing" wich is not realistic it just blends in another map. I think when it does this it also blends in the pratio fuel enrichment map also I could be wrong.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AWEBB View Post
    Mike, HP can write to TCU without the unlock you say?
    You can modify the TCM with HPTuners without having to send the PCM in to be unlocked. Unfortunately you will be limited by the rev limit in the PCM so you will need to find the highest point you can rev the car to without the PCM closing the throttle and FSO. Every little bit counts if you really want to leave the PCM stock. I did this on a Hellcat at CF8 and did find that point but I can't remember the guys name or I would post up his TCM file for you. Same deal with him, he didn't want to unlock the PCM.
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Advanced Tuner
    heat sink protect the o2 sensors with finned stand-offs and continue using the OEF might work?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Advanced Tuner
    I was merely annoyed that I have been trying to help for several weeks and have given him specific instructions which for whatever reason he refused to follow. and then I come on here and it looks as if he has reached out to additional people for help. Just kinda seems like a slap in the face.

Regardless we need some useable logs to make a game plan going further. The ones he has gotten so far are not very useful.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AWEBB View Post
    Let me start at the bottom...Curt, if you know exactly what you want mapped then send him the .xml (edit; just got the xml that you sent him). "He" thinks highly of you and is very thankful for your help. He has also offered you payment which you have told him isn't necessary. So take his money and you and I can work together on this.
    Josh, Curt is correct when saying that "He" is pretty stubborn so stock is what it is.
    Mike, Thank you for understanding and adding valuable advice. We use a Tazer, bag of ice, and the oxygen enriched fuel makes the cat temps go up too fast, so we are switching to a Sunoco product w/o oxygen enrichment. HP Tuners software is helping him become a better driver. Everyone wants the quick-fast answer and be done. He is in it for the long haul. (another for Mike, HP can write to TCU without the unlock you say?)
    I am trying to get him to manual shift after the first 1-2 (since it happens so fast). Then he can hold rpm longer than the (lets just use) CPU commands. Here is a run where everything is over temp and it holds 15 degrees of timing the entire run. If it wasn't for tire spin at the start this would have been a stellar run. Thanks again for everyone willing to help.Attachment 74346
    We all have different dreams. If you can help someone achieve their dream then go for it. If you are too worried about your dream then move on...
    Curt, I just noted that HP only allows 24 bits for sampling. So yes! Turning on every channel will kill the information. Not a pro tuner but a left-handed engineer for FCA.
    I believe all of the cat temp stuff is based off modeling and not actual measured exh temp so i do not believe a fuel switch will make any difference to over temp enrichment.

You're also going to be limited by the engine speed limiter. Honestly trying to move the shift points anywhere beyond stock(6000rpm) will probably lead to a bunch of missed shifts due to it hitting the limiter. The stock rev limiter is 6200
    Last edited by curt@injected; 10-16-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by * _ * View Post
    heat sink protect the o2 sensors with finned stand-offs and continue using the OEF might work?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    I believe all of the cat temp stuff is based off modeling and not actual measured exh temp so i do not believe a fuel switch will make any difference to over temp enrichment.
    I have mentioned this but he doesn't seem to follow. Thinks running a different fuel will help with what the computer thinks is hot cats......it will not.

Again all this is moot without a tune, like back in the day after Fast & Furious came out, every tool was running race gas in their grocery getter and thought it was fast. I mentioned earlier to run the best quality fuel, not necessarily the highest octane either, it doesn't know what octane or how much "oxygen" is in the fuel you are running so how does it know to really make the most of the fuel? It doesn't is the short answer.

Advanced Tuner
    You mean running race gas in my minivan won't make it faster? Son of a...

"I don't have a minivan"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    You mean running race gas in my minivan won't make it faster? Son of a...

"I don't have a minivan"

Advanced Tuner
    Nope it's all good. Total misunderstanding. No hurt feeling here.

Curt, I will be deleting all of my posts on the thread. FYI
    Current project:
    2016 Hellcat Charger over the 200 mph...
    Email: [email protected]