Thread: HP tuners layouts

Tuner in Training

HP tuners layouts

Im just browsing through the scanner and the editor to get a good feel for all the functions and options available.
    I have a few questions and ive google searched but I think im just wording it wrong.
    1.I looked at default layouts i have o2 mv,afr,and lambda. Do these determine the data I see like if I choose lambda will all values in that layout that are for afr become lambda and work accordingly as a lambda value?
    2. after lambda o2 or mv is chosen I see airflow map and airflow g/cyl. When and why would I use either? The only info I have found is a g/cyl=maf(g/sec)etc etc equation.

I appreciate any info I have looked and im sure i just missed the answer somewhere

Hello. i hope this explains a little bit. I am still pretty green at this as well. The default layouts are just some of the things you are able to look at with the scanner. There are tons more ( I'm still not smart enough to figure all of them out. I used youtube to look at what professionals like Greg Banish and Ed Mowton of ERM were using on theirs to try to have new things and know what to look at. All depends on what you want to scan. As far as Lamda or AFR goes, that is more determined by what wide band o2 you use. The narrowband o2's will read in MV. The other pids are just to read to help with tuning depending on what you are looking at. My advise is to purchase some training. Mr. Mowton probably has the cheapest training and it explains in great detail. Its a little hard to understand as a newbie ( I still struggle a little with it ) but it is very informative. I also have The Tuning School's basic which is more expensive ( i bought my HP Tuners from there before i learned of ERM, who has been great to deal with). It tells more what to do and less of why you do it but it is pretty easy to understand. Greg Banish has two really good ones I am told as well. I hope this helps!