Thread: 200lb Injectors with E38 ECU

Tuner

200lb Injectors with E38 ECU

I am trying to tune a car with an E38 ECU that has Bosch 200lb injectors....
    It is an L98 with just a Cam and Turbo running on E85.

Firstly, the IFR table only goes to 63lb.... I have used the Flow Rate mult vs IAT and Flow Rate mult vs Flow to get to 200lb. Is this the way to get there???

Secondly, is it even capable of metering down to such a short PW to get this thing to idle???

It is running mega rich at idle, and I can't get enough fuel out of it!!!!

Help!!!

Tuning Addict
    You might need to do some ingenuity, but it's possible... Most people will do the double stoic, half injector flow rate, half ivt terms, then roughly .6 instrument cluster / you might then be able to get away with half flow rate and double volts again to get it to fit like it needs to... For the rich at idle - set your pulse mins to something like .15... Make sure the rest of your injector data is correct as it will effect all aspects of fueling too... You might also want to post your tune, so people can better help you out...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    i did have bosch 200lb running on my e38 on E85 so i can find my old tune file if u want to use it for the inj data see if it helps, it ran quite well but they are big injectors and after a year of using them the ecu stopped liking it and just went to open the injectors 100% as soon as it stopped cranking and flooded the engine, took me ages to find the issue and soon as i swapped out to 1000cc inj with higher fuel pressure was fixed and been good since, ill attach my old tune with the data in it and the IVT and density was good in mine also, u may want to adjust the EOIT a little also to suit, ooh and fuel pressure is at 43.5psi to fit the scale
    Last edited by 07GTS; 10-02-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Potential Tuner
    im having same issue, would you happen to have to look over it please.