Thread: Back at it with my LSJ-T: Questions about MAF & 60P injector calibration

Back at it with my LSJ-T: Questions about MAF & 60P injector calibration

So i'm back trying to tune my MAF table. I've installed a recirc bpv with the traditional draw-through MAF setup.

I'm a bit confused of the relationship between the injector setup & the MAF calibration setup. First of all i've got everything set up for 60P injectors from the guide, although I really have no idea what the actual flow rate of these injectors are. I also have my tune setup for MAF tuning with everything the guide mentions setup correctly. LTFT & STFT are not showing up.

The 60p injector tutorial talks about setting up two histograms (graphs with the new terminology I presume) and the AFR error has this weird formula that I can't replicate in the new version: [PID.6200]> 1.3. Do I need to have a different AFR error histogram setup when running 60p injectors? I've also setup the Injector Pulse Width graph with RPM on horizontal & MAP (kpa) on vertical but I don't really know what it means. I wanna make sure my injectors aren't messing with my afr numbers while i'm trying to tune the MAF.

And for logging, what's the best way to go about it? Should I only be logging when i'm gradually accelerating in one gear? Say I start off in 2nd, just run it gradually all the way up to redline & then stop logging?

I'm attaching my current tune & a log I just did at Idle, as I wanna make sure i'm properly setup first.

joel turbo h6.hpt2017-09-30 Log.hpl

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    afr error is {(commanded afr - wideband afr)/commanded afr} *100

you should be logging 100% of the time. you need logs with tons of data points in order to tune properly. if your using your wideband to tune make sure you turn the trim systems off under closed loop controls.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    afr error is {(commanded afr - wideband afr)/commanded afr} *100

you should be logging 100% of the time. you need logs with tons of data points in order to tune properly. if your using your wideband to tune make sure you turn the trim systems off under closed loop controls.
    Oh ok, yes I get all that. Can you explain what this histogram config is for?

fuel injector pulse above 1.3 ms
    this provides a maf recording that is not influenced by the short pulse adder tables.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Find correct data for the injectors or do the work and verify them yourself.

If your injector data isn't right, you'll just be chasing your tail, especially when scaling is involved.

Not wanting to deal with incorrect injector settings is one of the main reasons I bought ID1000's.

Get your scanner setup to log Wideband Error, turn ofd all the closed loop stuff, DFCO, dynamic, and COT, then log open loop for 10 miles or more *after* the car is warmed up and moving. Attempt to hit as many rpm ranges, loads, and boost levels below 100kpa as possible, but do so smoothly.

Once It's close, turn closed loop back on, leave LTFTs, DFCO, and COT off. Filter out power enrichment and any fuel trim cell over 15. Scan MAF vs STFT. Drive, log, make changes. Once trims are between -2% to -4%, tune power enrich MAF via Wideband Error. Then tune spark.

It's a long process. Check, double check, make small changes.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline - S256ET - 519whp/467wtq - new setup with S257 numbers TBD
    2006 Chevy Silverado RCLB - Stock 5.3 L59 ( for now )

Quote Originally Posted by AP83 View Post
    Get your scanner setup to log Wideband Error, turn ofd all the closed loop stuff, DFCO, dynamic, and COT, then log open loop for 10 miles or more *after* the car is warmed up and moving. Attempt to hit as many rpm ranges, loads, and boost levels below 100kpa as possible, but do so smoothly.

Once It's close, turn closed loop back on, leave LTFTs, DFCO, and COT off. Filter out power enrichment and any fuel trim cell over 15. Scan MAF vs STFT. Drive, log, make changes. Once trims are between -2% to -4%, tune power enrich MAF via Wideband Error. Then tune spark.
    Thanks for the replies. I'm not clear on what table I will be tuning to get the injector data right...is that the "offset vs volts vs MAP" table? What about the adder table? So to get the injector data should I just reset my MAF Airflow vs. Frequency back to stock LSJ and not touch it until later? For wideband error (afr error i assume?), what column Axis should I use? Do I change from MAF Hz to something else?

fuel injector pulse above 1.3 ms
    this provides a maf recording that is not influenced by the short pulse adder tables.
    Do I need this to properly tune the injectors? How can I set that up with the new version of HP Tuners?

This is for maf tuning.
    You need to setup a filter to filter out all injector Ms below 1.3

Tuner
    This is for maf tuning.
    You need to setup a filter to filter out all injector Ms below 1.3
    I haven't been doing this, I will try it.